Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my SE has been built more than a week ago , according to my dealer.

Besides it seems that the major software upgrade will take place next week.

Question : can i pick up my car directly in Graz at the end of next week ? ( Sept 6th or 7th )

I already did some planning : between Graz and Paris there are 1200 km , which I could drive in 2 days while charging every 300 km at 50KW DC stations ( 1 stop in Austria, 1 stop in Germany and 2 in France )

·
Registered
179 Posts
There are some new 100 kWh chargers on the motorway near Innsbruck and in Germany. The NewMotion app is better then Plugsurfing or JLR's app. At Stuttgart airport there is also a free (!) 100 kWh charger.

·
Registered
325 Posts
emgf said:
Question : can i pick up my car directly in Graz at the end of next week ? ( Sept 6th or 7th )
Sounds very nice! But how would that work practically? The car normally gets registered and license plates when it is entering your home country and all taxes will be settled. How would that work if you drive yourselves? Temporary plates? Just wondering ;-)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
And furthermore as I think it ll be French car your dealer as to prepare it like doing the update to translate all in French including the voice. My delear charged me 400€ for that so I think it's not 5mn of work.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Most automakers like Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Audi...offer as an extra what's called Factory Delivery.
Some years ago I picked up my Cayenne in Leipzig and that was an amazing experience.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thks all for your constructive remarks.
I think the main problem is the license plates.

Let's wait for JLR answer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't heard that JLR offer this at the Magna Steyr factory. Indeed some German manufacturers offers this at their own factories with showrooms and such, but I doubt Magna Steyr does even if they have produced some Mercedes, BMW and Audi. Normally this costs money and your dealer has to do paperworks up front I believe.

·
Registered
206 Posts
A few years ago we picked up a Mercedes E Class from the factory in Stuttgart.

The car was handed over on special German temporary export plates. When we got back to the UK, my dealer swapped them for UK plates. It couldn't have been easier.

As I recall this service didn't cost anything over and above the normal delivery charge. I think we had to pay for my wife's flight (at a discounted rate), but my business class flight, a four star hotel in Stuttgart and the return channel crossing were all included.

We took the opportunity to drop down into Switzerland and spent a few days making our way back to the channel. All in all a great experience and one I'd do again given the chance. Though likely no chance in the future if good old Brexit goes ahead. What a load of idiots we Brits are!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good evening mikew,
What about the car insurance during this trip ? Were you the owner of the car or was it a lease ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello emgf

We were the owners of the car.

As I recall insurance was included too, but as we were taking our time to get back to the UK we had to pay a supplement. It was nothing much... perhaps £30 or so. Certainly a negligible sum.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Considering all the media and marketing attention the more I think about it the more I am surprissed that Jaguar missed this opportunity to offer this unique experience even at a certain cost.

If would be a really nice experience certainly if you combine it with a factory visit and for yourself with a nice road trip whereby the Alps would be a nice playground for the I-pace.
As enjoyment and adventure would be the main goals it would also be a easy way for Jaguar to let customer realize/discover long distance BEV travel without range anxiety.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree Jelle, it would be wonderful, but it is not a simple matter to arrange.

Mercedes-Benz has a large dedicated hand-over centre in Stuttgart. A reception area, refreshment facilities and a small exhibition. The hand-over room itself has perhaps 20 desks manned by a multilingual team. Then there is the need for pre delivery inspections, valeting and hand-over car parking. Not to mention a department to manage all the customer travel arrangements.

Then there are all the health and safety requirements necessary for regular factory tours.

Last of all, it isn't JLR's factory.

Nothing to stop any of us arranging that trip through the Alps ourselves though, once our cars arrive!

·
Registered
179 Posts
:p Yes Mike! Let us all make a roadtrip and get to Graz and have a beer while our cars get charged.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sounds like a plan Phil!

·
Registered
133 Posts
emgf said:
Hi, my SE has been built more than a week ago , according to my dealer.

Besides it seems that the major software upgrade will take place next week.

I already did some planning : between Graz and Paris there are 1200 km , which I could drive in 2 days while charging every 300 km at 50KW DC stations ( 1 stop in Austria, 1 stop in Germany and 2 in France )
Hi emgf,

Thank you for your recent forum contact.

It would be advisable that you visit your vending Jaguar Retailer to explore this option in further details.

The Sales Representative within the retailer would be able to discuss whether this option is available.

I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Thanks,

Becci

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Becci,
I met yesterday with my JLR sales representative just returning from holiday and learned that my car will be actually built on September 21st for a delivery on October 12th. The previous information was a mistake from a junior sales rep that did not know how to read the factory planning.
Let's be patient then, a few more weeks to go

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.