Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have recently joined the forum as I will hopefully soon be getting my new Ipace HSE Black which has been on order since mid Dec 21. When I first placed the order I got a build slot of mid March with delivery 1 April, however I’ve just been told that the build slot has been cancelled and it has yet to be allocated a new slot. They put this down to 23 model year changeover. I was hoping to find out if anyone else has experienced this and what the average wait time appears to be. Does it vary depending on spec or dealer location etc. what should be the approach with the dealer who doesn’t seem to be very pro-active to say the least. Appreciate any thoughts or comments/advice.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi All,
I have recently joined the forum as I will hopefully soon be getting my new Ipace HSE Black which has been on order since mid Dec 21. When I first placed the order I got a build slot of mid March with delivery 1 April, however I’ve just been told that the build slot has been cancelled and it has yet to be allocated a new slot. They put this down to 23 model year changeover. I was hoping to find out if anyone else has experienced this and what the average wait time appears to be. Does it vary depending on spec or dealer location etc. what should be the approach with the dealer who doesn’t seem to be very pro-active to say the least. Appreciate any thoughts or comments/advice.
I ordered my SE in mid December and a couple of months ago they quoted me end April/early May. As of Friday last week they are telling me a provisional delivery to dealership of 24 April. I don’t think I would be very impressed to be told MY23/no build slot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ordered my HSE in September and it's been constantly pushed back, latest update in build completion 8th April and delivery 4 weeks later. Not sure why they would cancel your build slot and not just give you a MY23 build as there isnt much difference between MY22 and My23.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My I-Pace was damaged in a carpark while I was shopping in November 2021. I had it assessed by a JLR approved autobody shop. Parts were ordered from the JLR dealer and I was told to bring it in for repair in December 2021. The repair was cancelled because JLR could not supply parts.

It is now 6 months since my car was damaged, the parts are still on backorder, with no delivery date. Brexit, Covid, the Suez Canal, the HGV driver shortage and now the Ukraine war have been used as excuses. I wish I had this information before I bought my car.

I would not buy another JLR vehicle because of my experience with the I-Pace.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My I-Pace was damaged in a carpark while I was shopping in November 2021. I had it assessed by a JLR approved autobody shop. Parts were ordered from the JLR dealer and I was told to bring it in for repair in December 2021. The repair was cancelled because JLR could not supply parts.

It is now 6 months since my car was damaged, the parts are still on backorder, with no delivery date. Brexit, Covid, the Suez Canal, the HGV driver shortage and now the Ukraine war have been used as excuses. I wish I had this information before I bought my car.

Change the record. This isn't just a JLR problem, most manufacturers are experiencing the same issues.

·
Registered
66 Posts

If you had this information when you bought it, you might have parked in a different spot in the parking lot in November.🙂
Hindsight is often 20/20. I appreciate your issues and frustration but others are also dealing with the unavailability of parts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So what you are saying is every: JLR customer needs to accept this diabolical treatment and be happy it is not worse.

Sorry, I don't agree, as the days pass and nothing changes, for me and everybody else on the ever increasing list of unhappy customers, it gets worse.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So what you are saying is every: JLR customer needs to accept this diabolical treatment and be happy it is not worse.

Sorry, I don't agree, as the days pass and nothing changes, for me and everybody else on the ever increasing list of unhappy customers, it gets worse.
Your really getting boring now, and have derailed this thread. Now wheres that block button.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,
Ordered HSE Black in early December. Originally given a mid Feb build date with a collect date in March. This was pushed to April and now May. Car is meant to be built next Friday (Good Friday) and we have been assured it will be a MY22. Fingers crossed it doesn’t slip again but until it is built there is no guarantee. I hope you get some clarity as completely unacceptable stance by Jaguar. Have you ordered any options which might be the cause of the delay?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to add another data point to this conversation... I ordered an HSE Black through my company car scheme (which uses Tusker) at the end of November. They fulfilled the order via Inchcape in Guildford who originally confirmed a 1st March arrival at the dealership and was moved back due to production delays to the 1st April. It arrived at the dealership last week and is scheduled to be delivered to me next week. My timeline sounds similar to others that have gone to plan, but I know others have been unlucky with my longer lead times without obvious reason.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ordered HSE Black in early December. Originally given a mid Feb build date with a collect date in March. This was pushed to April and now May. Car is meant to be built next Friday (Good Friday) and we have been assured it will be a MY22. Fingers crossed it doesn’t slip again but until it is built there is no guarantee. I hope you get some clarity as completely unacceptable stance by Jaguar. Have you ordered any options which might be the cause of the delay?
Thanks for all the responses so far. My case doesn’t seem to be out of kilter with the majority who have placed their orders around a similar time to me. The only additional options I’ve order are air suspension and gesture tailgate which I wouldn’t have thought would impact lead time. MarkE26 please could you please keep us updated if/when your car is actually built on the promised date. I can maybe use your case to go back to the dealer with if I don’t get a better update soon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for all the responses so far. My case doesn’t seem to be out of kilter with the majority who have placed their orders around a similar time to me. The only additional options I’ve order are air suspension and gesture tailgate which I wouldn’t have thought would impact lead time. MarkE26 please could you please keep us updated if/when your car is actually built on the promised date. I can maybe use your case to go back to the dealer with if I don’t get a better update soon.
I know Volvo where sending out cars without the gesture tailgate so it's quite feasible JLR have issues as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Checked today and build date still showing as 15th April. Will update you after this.

·
Registered
waiting for HSE caesium blue, bright pack, fully loaded without smoker's Pack ordered 15.3.2022
20 Posts
Ah, ok.
that’s, what my Swiss dealer also told me.
Last chance to change 26.5.
Build 24.6.
Delivery: 8.7.

that’s the plan…

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. I'm brand new to the site but enjoying the amount of honest info that's posted.
I'm just about to place an order for I-Pace HSE (via company salary sacrifice scheme with Tusker).
My local Jag garage is quoting 6-9 months delivery.
I know the delivery situation is changing on a daily basis, but I just wondered if anyone has placed a recent order and whether that's a reasonable expectation for a new factory build with lots of options.

For the spec, I've gone with HSE (not Black edition), Eiger Grey, 22" Style 5056 Gloss Dark Grey with contrast Diamond Turned wheels, Panoramic roof, Black Exterior Pack, Privacy glass, Headlight power wash, Light Oyster Windsor leather Performance seats, Full Extended Leather Upgrade, Monogram Aluminium trim finisher, Premium cabin lighting, Active Suspension with Adaptive Dynamics, Electronic Air Suspension, ClearSight interior rear view mirror, Powered gesture tailgate.

·
Registered
I-PACE SE EV400 Caesium Blue - Ordered April 2022
3 Posts
Hi. I'm brand new to the site but enjoying the amount of honest info that's posted.
I'm just about to place an order for I-Pace HSE (via company salary sacrifice scheme with Tusker).
My local Jag garage is quoting 6-9 months delivery.
I know the delivery situation is changing on a daily basis, but I just wondered if anyone has placed a recent order and whether that's a reasonable expectation for a new factory build with lots of options.

For the spec, I've gone with HSE (not Black edition), Eiger Grey, 22" Style 5056 Gloss Dark Grey with contrast Diamond Turned wheels, Panoramic roof, Black Exterior Pack, Privacy glass, Headlight power wash, Light Oyster Windsor leather Performance seats, Full Extended Leather Upgrade, Monogram Aluminium trim finisher, Premium cabin lighting, Active Suspension with Adaptive Dynamics, Electronic Air Suspension, ClearSight interior rear view mirror, Powered gesture tailgate.
I've ordered an SE today via Lex. Just waiting to find out what the lead time is.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts