Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Good news, having one key is really poor though.

Hopefully all this means that mine should start to make its way through the system. I’ll ask them for a vista screen shot next week.
Yes one key is not ideal to say the least. When I quizzed him about it he said it’s across all JLR cars now and he hasn’t sold a car with 2 keys in the last 10 months. I suppose it’s better than delaying delivery even further. When did you order yours again?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes one key is not ideal to say the least. When I quizzed him about it he said it’s across all JLR cars now and he hasn’t sold a car with 2 keys in the last 10 months. I suppose it’s better than delaying delivery even further. When did you order yours again?
Ordered it in Feb, exactly when the lease company placed the order with the deal I’m not sure.

Whilst it’s a company car it’s my wife that will be driving it more than me. The delays give me more time to convince her that changing my car is a good idea 😂

·
Registered
304 Posts
Are you NHS Fleet by any chance Ronin? I got two keys with my new HSE I-Pace in May 31st delivery. Maybe they were pre-ordered before the key shortage, though still no HUD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Car finally arrived to dealer Monday evening. I had to chase them again but this time I went to head of business and suddenly I was flooded with updates and things started to move. Still it will take another week to do the handover.

·
Registered
21 Posts
BTW MY23 cars have been slightly redesigned I was told. Nicer steering wheel (?) and suedecloth headlining to make cabin more luxurious. Also, they removed the sunglasses holder and covered it with a gloss panel to make it look better. (apparently they put some electronics in there hence there was no room left for a sunglasses holder). My car will come with one smart key and no exit warning (it's a gimmick anyway).

·
Registered
17 Posts
BTW MY23 cars have been slightly redesigned I was told. Nicer steering wheel (?) and suedecloth headlining to make cabin more luxurious. Also, they removed the sunglasses holder and covered it with a gloss panel to make it look better. (apparently they put some electronics in there hence there was no room left for a sunglasses holder). My car will come with one smart key and no exit warning (it's a gimmick anyway).
I'm a little gutted no sunglasses holder! I always liked that on the RR cars!
Saves them from getting scratched in the door/centre console.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I was told by a salesperson that the headliner was purely as compensation for the fact current MY22 and MY23 cars do not have HUDs.

Not sure on why the sunglasses holder was removed, but I would imagine the chip shortage means a redesign, without it meaning any actual improvement.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
For what it's worth, I found it rattles when sunglasses are put in there anyway. So I end up using the central storage bin to stop the litte rattle.
Finally picked up my HSE black my23 Ipace yesterday after 8 months wait. Everything great so far but not gone far in it yet. I did notice lack of sunglasses holder which is not a big deal for me, more of a concern is they’ve even taken out the puncture repair kit and compressor so you’re stranded if you get a puncture. Also spec sheet says home charging kit is included but mine didn’t come with one just a public charging cable. Ai3xT I’ll be interested in knowing if yours comes with one when you finally get it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Finally picked up my HSE black my23 Ipace yesterday after 8 months wait. Everything great so far but not gone far in it yet. I did notice lack of sunglasses holder which is not a big deal for me, more of a concern is they’ve even taken out the puncture repair kit and compressor so you’re stranded if you get a puncture. Also spec sheet says home charging kit is included but mine didn’t come with one just a public charging cable. Ai3xT I’ll be interested in knowing if yours comes with one when you finally get it.
According to sales it does come with both home and public charging cables.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
According to sales it does come with both home and public charging cables.
Yes i just checked the frunk and the home charging kit was in there. I was looking in the boot where the other cable was. The only thing I haven’t yet been able to get to work is the wireless phone charger mat. I’m using iPhone 13 pro and the mat doesn’t even recognise it when I put it on. Don’t know if it’s the phone or the mat. I’ll try a different phone and check. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine is still sat in Austria, apparently the dealer has 9 others in a similar situation.

Off on holiday in mid August, doesn’t look likely to be here by then which is a shame.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Glad you finally got yours!
When did you place your order?
Did you spec something that didn't get included (HUD/ClearSight etc?)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Glad you finally got yours!
When did you place your order?
Did you spec something that didn't get included (HUD/ClearSight etc?)
Thanks not as glad as me. No i went for HSE Black edition with air suspension and gesture tailgate. Didn’t want to delay it any further by adding chip sensitive options. I place the order in mid December 21.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello all, does anyone know what the state of options is at the moment?

HUD, surround camera and Clearsight are not even on the configurator for MY23?
The Clearsight camera is still in the options list, under convenience. I hope it’s going still be added to mine, order with dealer last month, currently due October I’m told.

I had a demo car for six days with privacy glass, and found the rear view mirror completely hopeless unless in Clearsight mode. It took some getting used to though in terms of focusing with the eyes. They were always expecting to focus on something in the distance, not something less than a meter away.

The other two aren’t available.

161 - 180 of 197 Posts