Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who wants to share what type of discount was offered when ordering ? I got the full zero percent. Apparently, due to the "lack of maintenance" on the cars.
Weird, since all (non electric) models now come with at least 3 years free maintenance...

G

·
If anyone got 1% or more I'd be shocked .... New car's never get a discount unless it's a very competitive market and High End EV SUV's is a very small market.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John32 said:
Most new cars do get a discount here in Belgium. However 0% on the I-PACE. Only other car that had 0% are "that other EV brand"
Yep, indeed, that's why I was asking. I got 8% on a brand new XE, ordered it long before it was available at the dealer.

·
Registered
243 Posts
fideba2 said:
Yep, indeed, that's why I was asking. I got 8% on a brand new XE, ordered it long before it was available at the dealer.
Not always easy comparing across countries though - it depends on the list price set locally. Some places it might be higher list but discounts available, while other places are lower list but minimal discount.

G

·
fideba2 said:
John32 said:
Most new cars do get a discount here in Belgium. However 0% on the I-PACE. Only other car that had 0% are "that other EV brand"
The XE competes with the Merc C Class, BMW 3 Series, Volvo S60, and Audi S4 .

But what is the competition to the I-Pace?

Model X isn't ... as it's larger and more expensive (and no Tesla discount)
Anything else isn't even in the same league ....

Until Audi and Merc get their 90kw(ish) SUV's out you won't be seeing any discount on the I-Pace.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gdank said:
fideba2 said:
John32 said:

Until Audi and Merc get their 90kw(ish) SUV's out you won't be seeing any discount on the I-Pace.
I agree, and I can play the same game :) I've decided to wait until I have the complete spec and pricing of the Audi E-Tron (end of August). As Jaguar can't guarantee delivery for this year anyway (which makes a lot of difference tax-wise), I don't see why I shouldn't check out the competition first.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
fideba2 said:
I agree, and I can play the same game :) I've decided to wait until I have the complete spec and pricing of the Audi E-Tron (end of August). As Jaguar can't guarantee delivery for this year anyway (which makes a lot of difference tax-wise), I don't see why I shouldn't check out the competition first.
Very smart as prices and likely spec will be similar but different enough to impact preference. I expect Audi E-tron and Jaguar I-pace to be much closer to each other than to any Tesla model.
For myself it was a full electric in 2018 or not at all and now I am VERY happy I ordered the I-pace instead of the Tesla.

·
Registered
14 Posts
fideba2 said:
Gdank said:
fideba2 said:

Unfortunately the 30 August Audi E-Tron event has been cancelled in Belgium :(

·
Registered
273 Posts
Tophe74 said:
Great !
Wich country ?
Personal buy ? Leasing ?
In Luxembourg on a leasing contract. With a leasing contract here, the discount is normally far higher than buying privately. If it was a Jaguar ICE, I would've received 12%!

·
Registered
65 Posts
1.34% discount here (7.5% when adding in the government grant, which I'm expecting to be removed in the Autumn statement for cars over £60k), so pretty pleased with that.

Was going to wait for e-tron launch and EQC, but they just look like boring boxy lumps in comparison to Ian Callum's latest beauty and as e-tron looks like it's not going to have the range of i-Pace, it was an easy decision to order now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
MiCoHi said:
1.34% discount here (7.5% when adding in the government grant, which I'm expecting to be removed in the Autumn statement for cars over £60k), so pretty pleased with that.
Do you still get the government grant if it's withdrawn before you take delivery?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts