Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know whether I am the only one, but every time I have used their chargers it doesn't work. The iPace does not like it. I tried 7 yesterday and same problem each time. Don't know whether anyone else has had the same problem (plug in and it starts hen immediately stops) - Jaguar have admitted it is an issue.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Which is why GridServe (who bought out Ecotricity last year) are replacing all of the Ecotricity chargers with GridServe chargers. This wasn't just an I-Pace problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which is why GridServe (who bought out Ecotricity last year) are replacing all of the Ecotricity chargers with GridServe chargers. This wasn't just an I-Pace problem.
GREAT. Have you noticed though that they have changed the signs to GridServe at some units but it’s still the same ecotricity chargers? Hopefully this will be sorted soon!

·
Registered
17 Posts
GREAT. Have you noticed though that they have changed the signs to GridServe at some units but it’s still the same ecotricity chargers? Hopefully this will be sorted soon!
My experience with the replacements pumps by Gridserve are very reliable, easy to use, are app free, contactless and up there with Instavolt etc. As far as the motorway sites are concerned I’m starting to think that Ecotricity have retained charger contracts at the Welcome Break sites. Pure speculation on my part, maybe even coincidence but any issues I have had involved phoning them and it’s these pumps mainly that appear not to have been changed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've wasted time talking to Gridserve support to try to get an Ecotricity charger to work - I even gave them a displayed error code but all they could do was re-boot it twice. It's not their fault, I think their support is excellent, they are just dumped with rubbish Ecotricty chargers and a huge cost to replace them all. So giving up, I arrived at a motorway service station with 5 miles left...

·
Registered
117 Posts
The charging gremlins are a lot as the charger providers are getting used to this relatively new way of life!
I had issues with grid serve previously and on some occasions, the customer support was able to remotely start the charge for me. and that they did give me the charge free of cost.
I was at a Osprey charging station in London which didn't initiate charge and was hung. Customer support tried to reboot from their end, however, it still would not work and I had to search for a another charge station.
My experience so far with Ionity, Pod Point and Instavolt was generally faultless although not completely fault free.
It is best not to leave it too late with not enough charge to seek out an alternative charger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts