Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My I-Pace has now been sat in my local dealership since 25th January for various reasons.

Firstly it was the HV heater, that took until the 18th of March to be resolved and it was returned to me, I managed to complete three short journeys and then it came up with a battery failure the next day.

Recovered back to the dealer, I assumed it was related to the major surgery for the heater but am told it wasn't. After another 2.5 weeks was told it needed a new ECU and the parts were due in the next day. That came and went, then was told actually parts not available, no idea when. Eventually after many phone calls they manage to locate the parts in Spain and have them shipped over. It was waiting for some special bolts, either they are damaged when removed and have to be replaced which seems strange or the garage lost or damaged them?

They arrived on 21st March, dealer took a week to fit, told me so many contradictory stories about why and when it would be ready I just can't write them all down.

Told I should be able to collect on 28th, not ready, they were too busy, 4.45pm on 29th get a call, we now have another fault code we can't clear to do with the motors but it drives fine. Very long story short, it's back in the hands of JLR tech support to find out why.

My experience with tech support is that it is a slow process, hence 2.5 weeks to find the ECU issue.

I have been without my car now nearly all year, it cannot go on.

I had already been told I can reject through the finance company and I feel I have no choice as I just can't trust that the car is going to be reliable even if I do get it back in the next few days.

Shame because it has been my favourite vehicle I have ever owned even if I have only actually had it for lees than nine months in my possesion. I have been lucky enough to have the same model as a loan car, its just not my actual car.

The dealership haven't given this the priority the should of done, it should be the first vehicle repaired in the workshop not fitted in around other cars.

I should be receiving calls from the service manager himself about this, a person whom I have spoken to a few times about my displeasure but I get called back by a junior member of staff. Not his place to deal with this level of problem.

Jaguar customer services are a joke too, might as well talk to the cat.

Don't see how I could ever but another Jaguar or Land Rover product after this.

And I really don't know what to replace it with, I like the I-pace, I chose it for a reason.

·
Registered
EV 320 Austria Edition, MY 2022, eiger grey, black pack, …
29 Posts
I can feel with you. Mine was at the dealer for more than 4 months: hv heater failure. Already talked with lawyers to get out of the contract. However, it‘s a great car, I now enjoy every moment driving.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it was just the heater I could get over that but its one problem after another and still no end.

It was the supplying garage that told me that I had rejection as an option but I have a feeling it won't be that simple

4 months for the heater, that was long, guess you were one of the first to go. They told me 8 weeks ago that 600 cars affected so far

·
Registered
288 Posts
That really is a tale of woe and I can see why you have lost faith in the car and JLR.
I feel for you, the I-Pace is a great car when all is OK, but in your case I guess it is back to the grind of finding a suitable replacement.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I completely feel your pain. I had a fantastic first year with my iPace and covered 12.5k miles then got a heap of faults relating to ACC, Autonomous driving not available etc.. Turns out it was the rear motor that had failed and it took the dealer and Jaguar Technical 6 weeks to diagnose and fix. Got it back for 2 hours and it failed again!! This time they changed the rear motor again, inverter, wiring harness and TCU and this took a further 8 weeks. I considered selling the car but couldn't find anything else to buy in a reasonable time frame or to be honest anything as nice to drive. Throughout the whole process the narrative from JLR was "it's under warranty" and "you've got a courtesy car". The latter I was very grateful for but afterwards it did feel like nothing was urgent because of this and I was told we were always waiting on Jaguar Technical. To be fair Jaguar Customer Services were ok and insisted the dealer refunded me the fuel used during the 14 weeks and rounded this figure up as a good will gesture.

The car is back now and I have covered approximately 700 miles without problems. Whilst I am loving driving it again in the back of my mind is the thought of it failing again and having to go through this process again. I had planned to keep for 4+ years but I think I'll get shot as it approaches 3 years and the manufacturers warranty runs out.

Shame because the first year of ownership was brilliant.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had planned to keep for 4+ years but I think I'll get shot as it approaches 3 years and the manufacturers warranty runs out.
Or at least take out the extended warranty.
I didn't, but certainly wished I had when I was looking down the barrel of a £3500 headlight failure just a few weeks out of warranty (luckily I got a contribution from JLR but still ended up paying £750 for a headlamp bulb).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Or at least take out the extended warranty.
I did consider this but turns out certain items are not covered on the JLR extended warranty like damaged caused by water ingress. Another known problem with the iPace is the leaking windscreen leading to all of the carpets being replaced......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I got to collect it today after being assured the error code it suffers from is due to it re-callibrating itself after the work it has had and will eventually clear once this has happened

It was nice to see it sitting there shiny and I remembered why I like it so much and the colour I chose when I bought it.

They have put over 80 miles on it in the last week test driving it, yet I drove it for a mile and it came up with a coolant level low warning so back to the dealer I went. Words just failed me to be honest and I didn't really need to say to them how poor that was. They blamed an air bubble in the system that must have dislodged after I moved it, topped it up and off I went again. You really can't make this stuff up.

I have pushed the button on the rejection process with the finance company and it is now a joint decision to be made between them, the dealer and Jaguar apparently.

Will have. to wait and see, hopefully they will agree that the vehicle just isn't reliable and I can bring this matter to a close.

Such a shame, it is the experience that has killed the brand for me rather than the car itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could anyone reveal what are the heater problems you experience ?

I have been the happy owner of a EV400 SE since 2019 112.000km's now.
Cannot really tell about problems.
Some things, however, are not really working, such as the lane assist.

·
Registered
EV 320 Austria Edition, MY 2022, eiger grey, black pack, …
29 Posts
Well I got to collect it today after being assured the error code it suffers from is due to it re-callibrating itself after the work it has had and will eventually clear once this has happened

It was nice to see it sitting there shiny and I remembered why I like it so much and the colour I chose when I bought it.

They have put over 80 miles on it in the last week test driving it, yet I drove it for a mile and it came up with a coolant level low warning so back to the dealer I went. Words just failed me to be honest and I didn't really need to say to them how poor that was. They blamed an air bubble in the system that must have dislodged after I moved it, topped it up and off I went again. You really can't make this stuff up.

I have pushed the button on the rejection process with the finance company and it is now a joint decision to be made between them, the dealer and Jaguar apparently.

Will have. to wait and see, hopefully they will agree that the vehicle just isn't reliable and I can bring this matter to a close.

Such a shame, it is the experience that has killed the brand for me rather than the car itself.
I had the same issue with low coolant warning after a hv heater repair. Had to fill up nearly 2 l of coolant until the warning dissapeared. Since then 3000 km driving without problems, however constantly checking the coolant level, which proved to be constant. Dealer said, they do have massive problems with air pockets in the cooling system after repairs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the ending to my story is that the dealer I bought it from made me an offer to buy the car back. I end up with around £10K more than it is worth and probably £2-£3K less than the max I would get back if the finance company accept the rejection.

I consider the offer to be fair and realistic, not the selling dealers fault, they arent the ones who did the repairs or had any part of the delays. I just want this over and cant be bothered to drag this on for another month waiting for the finance company payout if it was accepted. To be honest not what I expected from them at all.

As soon as I can get my tracker removed I will be handing it back, shame as I did love this car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts