Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bjorn posted his first impressions on the E-Tron:

Seems that for us, this would have been the better EV, except that it is not available in 2018 for tax benefits. I don't care too much that it is slower and dull looking, but:
- 150kw fast charging for our holidays
- 22kw normal charging at most common charge points in the Netherlands instead of 7kw
- Better roof rack, better towing capabilities
- More space
- The arm rest on the middle back seat can be opened for skies and kayak paddles

But I still not regret ordering the I-pace as that one is on the market today already! It just shows that there finally will be more diversity that fit different needs!

Will drive the I-pace till there will be something like an Audi A4 or a6 wagon with 1500kg towing capacity and 800 km of range and decent 400v charger :roll:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Not better range, looks like Q6 or Q7. No 3 phases at home in France and it seems thar the 150kw charge will be available on the I pace.I don't need to tow or tract so I still prefer the I pace anyway. But both are great EV.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Interesting video. Shame the e-tron looks such a boring vehicle from the outside because some of the interior touches are well thought out . . the nav/info screen layouts, response times and flexibility look to be good, some definite plus-points there.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Does look to have some nice features, will be interesting to see how it behaves when driven, one thing the I Pace is good at is the driving experience, hard to beat IMHO

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wonder what the real range will be given the usual inaccurate of WLTP.

Also, how much of that interior will be options?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes. I think it depends why you by your car. If it's only functional. Maybe Audi is a better choice. If it's also emotional. And like to keep loving your car day by day, I am sure Jaquar is a better choice.

Driving it now for 10 days. And fully I love with it. Definitely there are things to improve. But all the rest. Wow. What a car...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Went to see etron in a local dealer, show car on the tour. It was bit smaller inside than I thought but still little bit more than I-Pace. Nice seats but still couldn't find 100% seat, steering wheel, pedal setup. Touchscreen setup same as I-Pace, two displays in middle. Played there few minutes and noticed that few times needed two and even three tries to get what I wanted. Back seat has more legroom but a trunk looked smaller than I-Pace trunk. The car itself looking OK except the grill but something was nagging me. And I realized it when I went to a local market and saw Skoda Kodiac. Same body style and look than other VAG SUV's makes etron plain. It won't stand out as I-Pace, so no grace even it has pace and space.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.