Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to unlock this morning and the car went berserk. Alarm went off, handles came halfway out and retracted, etc. Used the key fob to stop it and it actually unlocked! Got in and got the dreaded electrical warnings with the red 12v battery icon and breaking problem notice.
Was able to get it to back out of the garage and up to the street (we’re at the bottom of a steep hill).
Jaguar roadside assistance is sending a tow to the dealer 15mi away. Tow company called and they’re going to use skates instead of a flatbed. A bit worried but they assured me that they have done so with Teslas and other EVs.
Not sure what to expect from the dealership. I’ve only had it 2 months.
I have very mixed feelings right now. Love the car but this is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got towed to the dealer. Took about 4 hours for the Jaguar Roadside tow to arrive - fortunately I was at my home. Dealer said they had no loaners currently. Also said that they would have to determine what is going on before talking with me about loaner/options on Monday. Service rep was very personable and I asked if they had many electrical issues with IPaces and he said 2 in the past 3 months. One took 6 hours because replacing the 12v battery solved it and the other took 6 weeks because of the parts backlog.

The ipace.herokuapp.com/static program returns this data

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Product

Looks to me like the 12v is at 3.8v (unless the program truncates the first digit?).

Can anyone explain "Privacy Switch"?

·
Registered
852 Posts
It means you are not recording your trips. You can change that from the Jaguar app.

The 3.8V I think its referred to the TCU unit and not to the service 12.V battery that is reported to be at 12.9V

1 - 3 of 3 Posts