Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,
I'm new at this forum. What puzzles me is the fact that everyone including myself is unaware of the consumption the i-Pace will have in comparison to a traditional combustion engine. What will be the cost of electricity to drive 100 km on average? Can anybody tell me or reveal the way I have to calculate this? My Jaguar dealer is unaware.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Hi,

Average electricity cost (kWh) is 16.42p (look at your bill for more accurate figure).
iPace battery circa 90 kWh
Range circa 500Km

So for 100 Km requires 100/500 x 90 kWh = 18kWh (assuming 100% efficiency!)

So cost = 18 x £16.42 = £2.96.

So answer is that (all things being equal) 100Km will cost £3.00 i.e. < 3 ltr diesel/petrol

Cheers,
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
155 Posts
Useful calculations thanks.

Thing to remember is we haven't seen the final model yet, let alone any facts and figures. We're hoping for some details coming out of the Frankfurt Motor Show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Unfortunately the range will be a bit less. The official NEDC range is given as 540 km or so. However the NEDC is always too optimistic. You probably be closer to 400 km range (still a guess though, I won't stick m hand in the fire for it). Thus 22 kWh / 100km is a more realistic value.

Cost 22 kWh x 16.42p = £3.61 / 100 km
Cost 22 kWh * € 0.20 Euro = € 4.40 / 100 km
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
In Norway electricity is around 0,08€ pr kwh which gives a cost of 1.78€ for driving 100 km. Diesel is priced at 1.50€ per liter and with a consumption of 8 liter per 100 km that gives a cost of 12€. And in addition to the huge "fuel"savings we have many other incentivs as well. No wonder electric cars are popular here :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
here in germany, i think, if you want to drive the Jag with a little smile on the face and without speedlimit, the i-pace will need around 30kWh
30x0,25ct = 7,50€ (6,65£) = 6,5Liter Diesel. (-50% as i made the electricity with my own fuel Cell)
Joerg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
John32 said:
Electrity (including taxes) is only 0.08 per kWh? Wow that's cheap! We pay around 0.18 - 0.23
Yes, that includes tax. Since most of it comes from hydro electric plants it varies according to how much water they have stored, how much it rains etc but for the last ten years it has been between 0.04 and 0.10 euro per kwh, everything included. And that is converted wit a record high euro to nok exchange rate that we have today at almost 10 nok for a euro. It used to be around 8 nok per euro a couple of years back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
J_W said:
here in germany, i think, if you want to drive the Jag with a little smile on the face and without speedlimit, the i-pace will need around 30kWh
30x0,25ct = 7,50€ (6,65£) = 6,5Liter Diesel. (-50% as i made the electricity with my own fuel Cell)
Joerg
I have driven Model S on Autobahn and the consumption is sky high if you want to ride with the "big guys" in the left lane. Not only because of the high speed but mostly due to the number of deceleration and acceleration cycles you need to do. The Model S quite quickly became power limited, meaning that it would no longer allow quick acceleration due to excessive heat in the batteries. A guy called "Tesla-Bjørn" on YouTube have a number of videos both for Model S and X which details consumption and range on Autobahn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
Rob said:
Useful calculations thanks.

Thing to remember is we haven't seen the final model yet, let alone any facts and figures. We're hoping for some details coming out of the Frankfurt Motor Show.
When I asked how much it would cost to charge an i-Pace at the Solihull event I was told that, depending on how much you pay for electricity, a 'full tank' would work out at something like £13.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Here in Ontario Canada electric power is 13.2 cents at peak times, the cheap night rate is only 6.5 cents per kWh.

My gas car does 9 liters per 100 KM at $1.26 per liter or $11.34 for that 100 KM.

Since I don't know which car I will get, Bollinger or Tesla I am assuming 3 KM per kWh or 34 kWh * 0.065 = $2.21 for 100 KM.

It does not matter which manufacturer's car you get - Electric Cars are a HUGE saving over fuel burning cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
E.C. Pottinger said:
Here in Ontario Canada electric power is 13.2 cents at peak times, the cheap night rate is only 6.5 cents per kWh.

My gas car does 9 liters per 100 KM at $1.26 per liter or $11.34 for that 100 KM.

Since I don't know which car I will get, Bollinger or Tesla I am assuming 3 KM per kWh or 34 kWh * 0.065 = $2.21 for 100 KM.

It does not matter which manufacturer's car you get - Electric Cars are a HUGE saving over fuel burning cars.
You can safely assume minimal 4km per kWh unless you dragrace away from each traffic light or drive 160km/h per hour. So far Tesla S 75D has proven to be more efficient then Jaguar I-pace and the Kona easily beats Tesla probably averaging 7km per kWh.

In NL electricity is very expensive, we pay approx €0.20 per kWH if charged at home but public fastcharges cost €0.35 to €0.60 per kWh unless you have special cards or find a not in use free charger.
I currently drive a Skoda Octavia diesel for about €0.06 per km so it is not a huge saving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
Tophe74 said:
But EV takes more care of our lungs than your diesel ... EV are not good to save money for now cause they cost a lot more to buy.
If you are a Dutch company car driver the I-pace certainly saves you a lot of money as long as they get delivered in 2018.
So being good for the environment and your own wallet can sometimes go together.

Drive a far more luxerious and powerful car while paying €35 per month less in income tax then with the Skoda Octavia :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Jelle v/d Meer said:
In NL electricity is very expensive, we pay approx €0.20 per kWH if charged at home
I'd be more than happy to pay only 0.2/kWh (taxes and everything included) for green electricity. I pay quite a lot more. The people in .nl should get rid of their Calimero complex...
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top