Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While having a closer look to M3 in the Tesla Paris show room i learnt a few interesting infos. :
- A first ship loaded with M3 is at sea and will arrive in a few days in Netherlands . The cars will be stored in Tilburg.
- the price of a M3 Performance should be around 85k€
- the maximum charging speed will be 120 KW

In other words more competition for rapid chargers in Netherlands since the European M3 will have the CCS combo plug.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The opposite might be true as well: T is going to retro-fit all European SC's with a CCS plug. If they make that a "standard" CCS, there's no technical reason we can't charge at SCs. Maybe if Elon needs cash, he could open up the SC network. Even if he'd charge double the T rate, that would still be "normal pricing".

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
emgf said:
While having a closer look to M3 in the Tesla Paris show room i learnt a few interesting infos. :
- A first ship loaded with M3 is at sea and will arrive in a few days in Netherlands . The cars will be stored in Tilburg.
- the price of a M3 Performance should be around 85k€
- the maximum charging speed will be 120 KW

In other words more competition for rapid chargers in Netherlands since the European M3 will have the CCS combo plug.
Sorry but that Tilburg part is no news :) - I work on the industrial area where Tesla started a few years ago with 1 building and now has 3 huge buildings (1 only started recently so I assume for M3). Tilburg is the final assembly and distribution center for Tesla for mainland Europe.

From my office window I see all day Tesla's driving by all day - themselves and on trailers. I am surrounded by Tesla and Coca Cola :lol:
Guess I can start looking for trucks with M3 although for me all Tesla nearly look the same.

G

·
Certainly a little porsche-like, but none the worse for that. Good luck to them, and all the buyers, it will be a good thing to get more EVs on the roads, by satisfying all tastes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John32 said:
The M3 is the S with the strange nose that tries to pretend it's a Porsche by using Porsche-like lights
I would rather define the M3 as the ev that is manufactured in 20000 units every month, out sell all premium german sedans in the US and is
one of the main reasons JLR built the I-Pace

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you're looking for an EV in the first place, the Model 3 will be a competitor to almost all other EV's (event the basic Tesla Model S 75D). Especially when the cheapest version becomes available. Also compared to the I-pace - the M3 is much more value for money. Real-range, practicallity (charging, CSS/Supercharging etc.. ). The Mid Range version sells for $46K...
For the next two years no other car-brand will be able to produce an alternative in the numbers Tesla is currently doing - by the end of the year they will produce 7.000 cars per week, They're all sold - would this number double or triple.. all sold. This car is really changing the game..

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
timbray said:
The outside of the M3 is OK, if bland. The inside is gross, makes me feel like I'm in an Ikea-furnished office. This is a matter of taste, evidence suggests that the M3 is a perfectly fine car, if you like it.
Exactly my point of view. The outside is fine but I don't like the inside at all. I like technology but am not ready for that.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EDi99 said:
If you're looking for an EV in the first place, the Model 3 will be a competitor to almost all other EV's (event the basic Tesla Model S 75D). Especially when the cheapest version becomes available. Also compared to the I-pace - the M3 is much more value for money. Real-range, practicallity (charging, CSS/Supercharging etc.. ). The Mid Range version sells for $46K...
For the next two years no other car-brand will be able to produce an alternative in the numbers Tesla is currently doing - by the end of the year they will produce 7.000 cars per week, They're all sold - would this number double or triple.. all sold. This car is really changing the game..
Some people say that it is the. " iPhone moment " of the automobile industry

·
Registered
186 Posts
John32 said:
The M3 is the S with the strange nose that tries to pretend it's a Porsche by using Porsche-like lights
I am sorry if I offended anyone with my tongue in cheek remark. I was commenting on the fact that the S and the 3 look similar, to the untrained eye. The porsche-like eyes are the easiest way to tell them apart.

The more 3's are sold, the better. Almost every 3!on the road, is one ICE less...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts