Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would like to know if you ever received another iPace (or any other EV) during repair process.
My company own EV only and reasons are we invested a lot on charging infrastructure (Solar panels and lithium storage) and we often need to enter on restricted areas interdicted to combustion motors.
We bought an iPace on sept 2020 and till now it was just a terrible nightmare, because Jaguar bad attitude (or incapacity?!?) toward the car issues.
As result we experienced 6 towing services in the last 8 months and more than 3 months without the car because of useless repair attempts.
We are still counting as the car is broken again.
For these reasons we started a legal demand (starting a class action is under evaluation) and would like to know how Jag acts in other countries about courtesy cars.
They just say they don’t have EV to offer but I’m not sure they can sign a warranty contract with courtesy car offering when they don’t have any EV in all country (Italy).
Who buys EV need another EV, for a lot of reasons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would like to know if you ever received another iPace (or any other EV) during repair process.
My company own EV only and reasons are we invested a lot on charging infrastructure (Solar panels and lithium storage) and we often need to enter on restricted areas interdicted to combustion motors.
We bought an iPace on sept 2020 and till now it was just a terrible nightmare, because Jaguar bad attitude (or incapacity?!?) toward the car issues.
As result we experienced 6 towing services in the last 8 months and more than 3 months without the car because of useless repair attempts.
We are still counting as the car is broken again.
For these reasons we started a legal demand (starting a class action is under investigation) and would like to know how Jag acts in other countries about curtesy cars.
They just say they don’t have EV to offer but I’m not sure they can sign a warranty contract with curtesy car offering when they don’t have any EV in all country (Italy).
Who buy EV need another EV, for a lot of reasons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been dealing with Fuhrmeister JLR here in Mainz, Germany for 17 years. While they are very good, they have never given me the same courtesy car as what I turned in for maintenance. Also, considering how far behind all automakers are in delivering new vehicles, it's not likely any would have an extra I-Pace to use as a courtesy car. I do understand your frustration, however. After driving my I-Pace for the last six months, I don't want to think about what a petrol car costs to fill up now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been dealing with Fuhrmeister JLR here in Mainz, Germany for 17 years. While they are very good, they have never given me the same courtesy car as what I turned in for maintenance. Also, considering how far behind all automakers are in delivering new vehicles, it's not likely any would have an extra I-Pace to use as a courtesy car. I do understand your frustration, however. After driving my I-Pace for the last six months, I don't want to think about what a petrol car costs to fill up now.
I state they cannot consider a petrol car as a EV courtesy car.
in my case I never received a car which I can compare (even on price tag) with the ipace.
Where the OLD JAGUAR customer care is !?!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Courtesy cars are under the control of the dealership, not JLR. And they're a courtesy (or not) to the customer, and not all dealers treat their customers decently in that regard. And there's no obligation to offer a like-for-like replacement, however much that would be desirable - a diesel E-Pace is no substitute for a V8 F-Type!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Courtesy cars are under the control of the dealership, not JLR. And they're a courtesy (or not) to the customer, and not all dealers treat their customers decently in that regard. And there's no obligation to offer a like-for-like replacement, however much that would be desirable - a diesel E-Pace is no substitute for a V8 F-Type!
Here in Italy it works in a different way.
JLR sell a warranty contract and works with Allianz Insurance that cover the cost for a courtesy car took from the local rentat companies.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My I-Pace was in the shop in Nuremberg, Germany, for swapping out the 12V battery, which took two days, because the ordered spare did not arrive in time.
They gave me a Hyundai Kona electric for the two days. Two levels down the I-pace but at least an EV. This was the only electric loaner car I had so far. Before that (last year) I had an Hyundai i30 (awful...) and an Evoque, also not my favorite.

Reactions: iomagico

·
Registered
164 Posts
Had a nice new F-pace andremembered why I am not gonna go back on ice cars.
it’s beautiful inside tho.

·
Registered
44 Posts
First 2 weeks ownership in for body repairs to dent on car when purchased received 2 x I-Paces and lastly F-Pace SVR Thirsty but arrived with full tank and any fuel I added pass on receipt for refund.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nope, never had an I-Pace as a courtesy car, and last time they didn't even have a Jaguar or Land Rover for me. All they had for me was an Audi A3!
Incidentally, if I insist on a courtesy car, that tends to move my appointment out by several weeks as their cars are always fully booked.

Reactions: iomagico
1 - 10 of 10 Posts