Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been very impressed by the reports of the dealer training and press test driving that Jaguar have been undertaking in Portugal and I wondered if it might be possible to offer something like it to potential I-Pace owners as a driver training course for which we would pay?

There is a great deal to learn about owning an EV, such as what is the best charger to get and how to use it and getting help deciding on the car's specification such as what wheel size to go for and what type of suspension. It would also be useful to get tips on maximising range and learning how to drive to make the most of regen. I for one would be prepared to pay something like £2,000 for a two day course which included the opportunity to drive off road and on a track. I would be a good investment when deciding on a £75k purchase of something I don't fully understand. In addition, I'm unlikely ever to drive my I-Pace off-road or take it on a track but I would love to find out what it can do.

I was fortunate to attend a half day promotional event at Millbrook about 2 years ago as part of the F-Pace launch and I came away thinking that it was a brilliant opportunity and even though it was free I would have been prepared to pay to attend the event. I would even have paid to do it all again a few days later!

What I'm suggesting is that Jaguar puts on a series of events like the Ice Driving experience course in Norway. The fact that you already have so many cars in Portugal together with charging facilities installed and a deal with hotels, land owners and the track as well as trained staff might mean that you could organise something quite soon! Is there any chance?

It would be interesting to know how many of the Forum Members would also be interested in an opportunity like this.

·
Registered
243 Posts
When placing my deposit 2-3 months back I was told that an I-Pace event was planned that sounds similar to your F-Pace one, but I think Rockingham was mentioned, maybe in later July, and eg 1/2 day again. But I've heard nothing since - not surprising really with Marshalls (Cambridge) as the dealer. I am quite tempted to go elsewhere - Cambridge is by some margin my closest dealer but their customer service does not rate highly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts