Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my iPace this week and travelled Utrecht - Den Bosch twice on the notorious highway A2. So quitte surprised when I get speedcam warnings, but nothing is there. Checked the famous speedcam apps but the places where "clean". Anyone with the same experience ?

Could it be the fact that the data Sim is Not there yet and my iPace is using old data ?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nope, that's not it. I use a SIM and have the same experience. It just has (pretty) old data. And it only recognizes static controls. So you will still need the speedcam app

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Jan073 said:
Got my iPace this week and travelled Utrecht - Den Bosch twice on the notorious highway A2. So quitte surprised when I get speedcam warnings, but nothing is there. Checked the famous speedcam apps but the places where "clean". Anyone with the same experience ?

Could it be the fact that the data Sim is Not there yet and my iPace is using old data ?
Don't you have 'mobile' speed cameras in your part of the world?

If it is old data then someone has to report the change so that it gets fixed. I've notified TomTom in the past about some SatNav errors. Eventually they were fixed but these things don't happen overnight.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have a lot of mobile camera's. Actually i was referring to those. But enough apps telling you where they are. In this case the iPace claimed there were mobile camera's which where not there (anymore)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Actually Jan, didn't the car claim that there used to be a static camera ? I don't think it has any clue about mobile camera's

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it was on the A2 between DB and Utrecht. In the last 10 years travelling that part of the world there where never static camera's.

I first had doubts it was picking up cams on the parallel N roads. But it was clearly stating A2. So was confused.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I drove that track (A2 Utrecht - Den Bosch) too today and also noticed the speed camera warning in the i-Pace nav.
To me it seemed to indicate a speed track control rather than just a static camera.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I find the speed cameras warning very useful in the UK. They are about 95% correct identifying fixed cameras including the ones on motorways.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use Flitsmeister or Waze on my iPhone but was referring to the default IPace navigation system. Noticed yesterday that the map indeed shows static permanent speedcams as well but the data is old. A crossing near my house had a static speedcam until 3-4 years ago and the iPace navigation still shows it. :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts