Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having pushed the boundaries by driving all over Spain and Ireland and UK and Northern Scotland in a car that has been on the back of a towtruck not once but twice, I understand that I am obvious pushing the limits with Jaguars Ipace. But my many many and continued bad luck experiences are just adding up.
In my many many conversations with the Scottish charge network it has finally been admitted that there is a Jaguar specific problem. I regularly get high voltage errors on attempting fast charge. I can also seemingly at will break the charge station and back it into service mode. Lately I even pushed it into lockdown blue padlock mode. On the inevitable call to the network I am regularly dropped from the call, before the apology is made, which isn't much cop with 7 miles left on the battery after plan A B C have all crashed and burned... as I break charger after charger....
So it transpired you have to push the charge nozzle upwards to enable a successful handshake then connection approval passing initialising, and getting a bloody charge. So
WHAT IS JAGUAR DOING ABOUT IT!!!
NOTHING ...
I HAVE IT IN BLACK AND WHITE FROM MY DEALER THAT THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM...
Particularly frustrating when I watch cars worth a quarter of the ipace .. value, ( guess its because the price is I watering.. )
So Where tesla and leaf. Just waft up and charge, I spend rainy days exposed to the elements, dripping wet , locking unlocking , starting resetting, waving proximity cards into blank screens and just hoping for the best....
As I have photographic evidence, email evidence and hotel bills, and dealer rep pictured sweating profusely as the ac couldn't be used chasing around charging stations trying to get one to work,, its becoming farcical...
Range anxiety ...
Seriously thinking of trading this beautiful driving machine in for a diesel....
Save the planet or my sanity
Some choice???

·
Registered
58 Posts
This sounds horrible for you but what is so different about the Scottish chargers? I haven't experienced what you have but have not tried in Scotland, it is bizarre that there could be differences. Have you tried Jaguar Customer Services directly?, if this is the case there must be more incidents from other drivers in Scotland. You definitely don't need this I know but perhaps some other Scottish Ipace drivers on here can share their experiences

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This sounds horrible for you but what is so different about the Scottish chargers? I haven't experienced what you have but have not tried in Scotland, it is bizarre that there could be differences. Have you tried Jaguar Customer Services directly?, if this is the case there must be more incidents from other drivers in Scotland. You definitely don't need this I know but perhaps some other Scottish Ipace drivers on here can share their experiences
The chargers are made in Spain.
I witnessed a Spanish technician lose all patience with a fast charger in Granada, to the extent he slammed the access doors shut repeatedly and spat on the ground and shouted "Puta!" As he walked back to his van.
The garage attendant a very helpful chap explained to me that the technician regularly attended the Spanish made charger, and said that they were rubbish and he wished he had never taken the job.
On that day 4 of the fast chargers in Granada were all down for maintenance at the same time.
I berated Jaguar by phone, and left messages for the charging network who rarely answer my number now, as I appear to have been blocked.
Crawled to the Jaen Parador Hotel, where we begged the manager to let us access the tesla destination charger..
Luckily it had a 7kw socket I could use and granny charged overnight.
Leaving at 0600 to catch the Bilbao ferry meant that was 120 euros out of pocket and knackered.
Luckily Ionity has a charger enroute that worked flawlessly and pumped 90kw into us in 40 minutes.
30 mins late for ferry, but the Brexit show, meant a large crowd of headscratching local gendermerie had caused a massive queue to form, and we limped on with 10km in tank.
Frustrated,,,, mmmm just a tad.
I have many more stories backed up by photos emails hotel receipts etc.
Possibly will get them published by Jaguar Marketing as a big glossy coffee table illustrated book.....
Finding the same rubbish Spanish Chargers in Scotland, really took the biscuit, and I am failing to see any respite from this long running farce...
Jezza.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having pushed the boundaries by driving all over Spain and Ireland and UK and Northern Scotland in a car that has been on the back of a towtruck not once but twice, I understand that I am obvious pushing the limits with Jaguars Ipace. But my many many and continued bad luck experiences are just adding up.
In my many many conversations with the Scottish charge network it has finally been admitted that there is a Jaguar specific problem. I regularly get high voltage errors on attempting fast charge. I can also seemingly at will break the charge station and back it into service mode. Lately I even pushed it into lockdown blue padlock mode. On the inevitable call to the network I am regularly dropped from the call, before the apology is made, which isn't much cop with 7 miles left on the battery after plan A B C have all crashed and burned... as I break charger after charger....
So it transpired you have to push the charge nozzle upwards to enable a successful handshake then connection approval passing initialising, and getting a bloody charge. So
NOTHING ...
I HAVE IT IN BLACK AND WHITE FROM MY DEALER THAT THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM...
Particularly frustrating when I watch cars worth a quarter of the ipace .. value, ( guess its because the price is I watering.. )
So Where tesla and leaf. Just waft up and charge, I spend rainy days exposed to the elements, dripping wet , locking unlocking , starting resetting, waving proximity cards into blank screens and just hoping for the best....
As I have photographic evidence, email evidence and hotel bills, and dealer rep pictured sweating profusely as the ac couldn't be used chasing around charging stations trying to get one to work,, its becoming farcical...
Range anxiety ...
Seriously thinking of trading this beautiful driving machine in for a diesel....
Some choice???
living in Scotland and running my MY21 for 7 months I regularly use the Charge Place Scotland chargers useing the RFID card and, fingers crossed, I have not had a single problem. Having said that I have not had a problem with the car either so maybe I’m just one of the lucky ones. As for reverting to an ICE car I feel like it would be going back to a black ad white tv I’m sorry you have not had the same experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
Having recently purchased a near three years old I pace, part ex’ing an F pace of the same colour outside and inside, I found the car had a problem using the home fitted 7 kw charger which only charged at around 2 kWh ( 5 to 7 miles per hour)
WHEN I tried charging on a 55kwh charger at a service area a hundred miles from home, the tethered lead would not disconnect plus I found the emergency release cable under the bonnet had been broken previously and simply tied up in a loop and also the car would not charge for more than 12 minuits which left a queue of cars waiting as the lead I was using was the only one of three pumps working on the north bound side of the M1 and none working on the south bound side ( ecoelectricity or something like)
The excellent Jaguar assistance was called as the vehicle had two years full JLR warranty (due to purchase from a JLR main agent garage) This was an AA recovery vehicle which loaded my car on and brought us home through the night. Eventually I had the car into my local JLR main agent, Now Vertu motors but previously Farnells of Guisley, and took a free, nearly new F pace. As the garage had already noted the 7 kw charging circuit was faulty ( although the car had decided in the meantime to charge great on a 55 plus Kw charger) then they first noted that the charging lead ‘socket emergency release’ was faulty and genuinely locking the cable on with releasing it, they then replaced the unit at a ‘guestimate’ cost of plus fifteen hundred quid but then found the poor charging problem still existed so they then fitted a new ‘charging control module’ ( cost not known) then reprogrammed the unit and hey presto, everything worked. This was all at no cost to myself. Incidentally my car now charges at around 20 mph which actually seems more 5han the car should charge at!
I realise that the technology of EV’s is very new, especially to the garages dealing with plus three years old vehicles and, although disappointed that the vehicle had these problems in the first case, am well satisfied with both JLR and Vertu motors handling of the problems.
Ex HGV garage owner now retired

·
Registered
121 Posts
NOTHING ...
Range anxiety ...
Some choice???
Did you ever experienced any 12V dropping voltage issue During DC charging process?
I collected 6 towing experiences in 8 months.
Suspect a bad grounding wiring and it can be very dangerous.
Car is again at jag garage, very frustrated.
First and last experience with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts