Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about a dozen configuarations have chosen my spec (I think) :shock:
SE with pano roof, heated everything...gets cold in north wales! 20" style 5 wheels, active air suspension plus a couple of other options...total £74,500 so £70k with gov grant. Can live with that...I think!!!

Anyway, my dilemma. Colour Corris Grey...do I go with my head and go for a dark leather interior bearing in mind I have pano roof, or light oyster which I really like. 🤔

What combo is everyone else thinking of getting?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I had First Edition Corris Grey on order until i saw it live. For my taste it was too dull looking, not doing justice to i-Pace beautiful lines.

I changed order to Photon Red with ebony/ebony interior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
I have corris grey, oyster seats and ebony headlining. Since b-pillar lower part is also black, I thought it would be a nice contrast to have dark headlining (have pano as well). However, couple of days ago I noticed that the configurator and show photos tell different stories about lower part b-pillar (show photo is oyster, and configurator says black even with oyster headlining).

It maybe due to pre-prod/prototype, but keen to know what it will be. Anybody to comment based on personal live observations?

Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Window


Car Gear shift Vehicle Window Steering wheel


Car Vehicle Gear shift Window Automotive design
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Pilot said:
I had First Edition Corris Grey on order until i saw it live. For my taste it was too dull looking, not doing justice to i-Pace beautiful lines.
I have a Corris Grey First Edition on order too. I have yet to see an I-Pace in real life, but I saw another model in Corris Grey and I also felt it was a rather dull color. My solution is to have the car coated with a glass coating that will deepen the color and enhance the dark/highlight contrast. Hopefully that will put some pizzazz back into the paint job - while at the same time protecting it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
There is one iPace at the London Motor Show - it's a Photon Red First Edition with a dark interior and the 22" wheels with carbon inserts.

I was pleased it was this combination as it matches my plans for the car I have placed a deposit on and I wanted to make sure it wasn't too orange - and in my view it isn't!

Photon Red for some reason looks more orange in photos than it does in real life or in video - from the same location I took orange photos and red videos!

Hope that helps.

Ps last time I posted photos I got grief for them not being the right orientation - well they are on my device and they were last time, so not sure what else I can do.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
My electrified cat will be Corris Grey - black interior - black headlining.
That's fancy for me - and not toooo eye-catching for others. ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
I've gone for a Corris Grey with Oyster interior HSE - I would have gone for a First Edition (I've actually ended up paying more for less) ..... but I just had to have the "other" 22" wheels, plus I have a very odd aversion to heated windscreens (my eyes always focus on the heating elements) so had to spec the car without it.
So in essence I have a FE with 5056 wheels but without a heated front Screen and Privacy Glass (other pet hate of mine!)

The reason for Corris Grey is that I think it shows the curves of the car off best - the original (LA) concept was almost Corris Grey and a designer is not going to paint a car in a colour that doesn't show it off to its absolute best.
The interior was a harder choice but having had a succession of all black interiors which were very practical - and one all cream interior which whilst not so practical it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, however it was a constant joy to be in.
My thought was, what the heck, this is a luxury car - cream interior why not?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
pebell said:
Pilot said:
I had First Edition Corris Grey on order until i saw it live. For my taste it was too dull looking, not doing justice to i-Pace beautiful lines.
I have a Corris Grey First Edition on order too. I have yet to see an I-Pace in real life, but I saw another model in Corris Grey and I also felt it was a rather dull color. My solution is to have the car coated with a glass coating that will deepen the color and enhance the dark/highlight contrast. Hopefully that will put some pizzazz back into the paint job - while at the same time protecting it.
Can you let us have some details about the glass coating process and costs? perhaps a link to a website?
Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Thanks @Blackseries! But are you absolutely certain this is "Corris Grey" and not "Silicon Silver"? It looks much warmer and more "dynamic" than the Corris Grey F-Pace I saw at the dealer the other day. The car on the picture is not an FE, so theoretically it could be any color, and the color looks very similar to that of the I-Pace that Prince Charles was driven in - which was Silicon Silver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Thincat said:
pebell said:
Pilot said:
I had First Edition Corris Grey on order until i saw it live. For my taste it was too dull looking, not doing justice to i-Pace beautiful lines.
I have a Corris Grey First Edition on order too. I have yet to see an I-Pace in real life, but I saw another model in Corris Grey and I also felt it was a rather dull color. My solution is to have the car coated with a glass coating that will deepen the color and enhance the dark/highlight contrast. Hopefully that will put some pizzazz back into the paint job - while at the same time protecting it.
Can you let us have some details about the glass coating process and costs? perhaps a link to a website?
Thanks.
If I have it coated I will have it done here: https://www.rideandshinedetailing.nl/en/

They also coated my Model S and it held up beautifully these past 4.5 years. The current price estimate is about €1300 ex vat. Depending on some options it could get even higher.

Another option I am contemplating is to have it carwrapped, because I am not sure that coating it will enhance the color enough to my liking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
pebell said:
Thanks @Blackseries! But are you absolutely certain this is "Corris Grey" and not "Silicon Silver"? It looks much warmer and more "dynamic" than the Corris Grey F-Pace I saw at the dealer the other day. The car on the picture is not an FE, so theoretically it could be any color, and the color looks very similar to that of the I-Pace that Prince Charles was driven in - which was Silicon Silver.
I think this is silicon silver:
https://goo.gl/images/LvYV1W
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
pebell said:
Thanks @Blackseries! But are you absolutely certain this is "Corris Grey" and not "Silicon Silver"? It looks much warmer and more "dynamic" than the Corris Grey F-Pace I saw at the dealer the other day. The car on the picture is not an FE, so theoretically it could be any color, and the color looks very similar to that of the I-Pace that Prince Charles was driven in - which was Silicon Silver.
Definitely Corris grey. I used to have a Range Rover in that colour (and am returning to it with my FE) ;)
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top