Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked into having these replaced. It's the one part of the FE that I really can't stand. They must be available to buy as a replacement part. I'm guessing that the workshop manual available on Topix would provide information on replacing them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Baikar said:
Has anyone looked into having these replaced. It's the one part of the FE that I really can't stand. They must be available to buy as a replacement part. I'm guessing that the workshop manual available on Topix would provide information on replacing them.
It's the only reason why I didn't get the FE but an HSE with options. Stupid decision in hindsight of course, as easy solution is to get them wrapped. Maybe more easy and cheaper than getting replacement inserts.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Getjaggywithit said:
Baikar said:
It's the only reason why I didn't get the FE but an HSE with options. Stupid decision in hindsight of course, as easy solution is to get them wrapped. Maybe more easy and cheaper than getting replacement inserts.
... that and the limited colour and wheel choice...

Actually, I don't mind the wood all that much.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Baikar said:
Baikar, A few weeks I changed my order to replace the gloss black inserts but my car is now at the dealers ahead of its delivery next Tuesday (11 Dec) and I have noticed that they HAVE NOT fitted the trim I ordered, just left it as gloss black (which is standard with the HSE). I'm planning to complain but they haven't charged me for the upgrade (yet) so I thought it would be worth making this post.

Are you still interested in swapping? If so perhaps you PM me to tell me whereabouts you live and I can ask my dealer to tell me how to remove and replace the trim. If it's easy to do we could just post them to each other or, if we live close we could meet up and swap!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thincat said:
Baikar said:
Baikar, A few weeks I changed my order to replace the gloss black inserts but my car is now at the dealers ahead of its delivery next Tuesday (11 Dec) and I have noticed that they HAVE NOT fitted the trim I ordered, just left it as gloss black (which is standard with the HSE). I'm planning to complain but they haven't charged me for the upgrade (yet) so I thought it would be worth making this post.

Are you still interested in swapping? If so perhaps you PM me to tell me whereabouts you live and I can ask my dealer to tell me how to remove and replace the trim. If it's easy to do we could just post them to each other or, if we live close we could meet up and swap!
Hi,

I'd be up for a swap and live close to Stansted. I'm not sure they would be that easy to remove and replace though. Dash trim might be ok but the door panels will most likely have to removed. If you do manage to get instructions from your dealer maybe you could post it on the forum. I'm sure others would be interested to know as well.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Baikar said:
Thincat said:
Baikar said:

Hi,

I'd be up for a swap and live close to Stansted. I'm not sure they would be that easy to remove and replace though. Dash trim might be ok but the door panels will most likely have to removed. If you do manage to get instructions from your dealer maybe you could post it on the forum. I'm sure others would be interested to know as well.
I will ask my dealer when I collect the car on Tuesday and point out the error!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thincat said:
Baikar said:
Thincat said:

Hi,

I will ask my dealer when I collect the car on Tuesday and point out the error!
I collected my car today (wow!) and asked about the trim. They promised to find out how it is removed/fitted but they said it will take a few days to contact Jaguar and find out. They look very well fixed to me - probably glued but I will get back to you as soon as I find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts