Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am just a few weeks away from purchasing an iPace HSE or 1st edition, private purchase. I thought i should leave a note.

iPace or ipace? I have used Apple computers since 1998 so that prefix is familiar, clever marketing from Jaguar.
My father introduced me to many British classic cars and motorcycles. I test drove modern/advanced EV's (s, x, ev6 etc) and was impressed with their technology but they all failed to pass the Character benchmark. But here comes Jaguar :D

My current daily driver is a trusty Volvo v60 plugin full options. I learned ACC and BLIS are a minimum requirement, which the HSE provides. I currently miss basic lane keeping assist.
It must have a Tow bar. That must be my other and very few ipaces have one. I need one to tow our tent trailer for family holidays, so looking for an after market one.

This forum is an unique source of information. Thank you for providing your experiences, of course I noticed poor experiences. Please welcome me and talk me into buying that awesome iPace :)
:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome FFW. I thought I was the only I-Pace (that's how I write it!) owner that camped, the car gets a few odd looks when we start setting up the tent! Our tent and equipment fit in the car with the rear seats folded so I don't have a tow bar but lots do, especially owners in Norway I believe.
After 9 months of ownership I'm still loving mine :)
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tent Motor vehicle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I test drove another approved 1st edition yesterday at Jaguar dealer. I needed to mention how grubby it was. Like the previous dealer car it was only superficially cleaned and so didn't pass the important first impression. I compare non dealership cars to Jaguar dealership cars and am convinced that independent dealers take more effort to give the car a new-like appearance. Guess I will just need to talk the price down and get the car detailed somewhere else.
It's 2 years warranty vs 6 months.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think you're right about the dealers. I bought mine remotely during a lockdown from a dealer 150 miles away so I didn't visit them. When the car was delivered there were a couple of things that should have been picked up in the "rigorous 165 point vehicle check" but weren't. They were sorted by my local dealer who also did the H288 recall work later but I really don't think much of them. Last time it was there I declined the offer of them cleaning it as it's never been more than a very poorly done job that I've had to finish of myself anyway.
A First Edition would be great, all the bells and whistles, lovely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to have an aftermarket tow bar fitted, these are very rare on spaces. The F-pace has a nice automatic foldable bar but this is not available for I-Paces.
Instead Jaguar offers me to fit an old fashioned steel tow bar for the friend price of 2200 euro's.
Ah, and approved cars come with "jaguar road assistance" which is in fact an ordinary road side service offered by a private company. I know that translates to maximally 4 services per year and a loaner (Opel) for the maximum duration of 3 days. Sorry but that is nothing premium at all !

Tomorrow I have a look at a 1st edition. On the pictures it looks cleaner than the previous spaces I drove. What I want to try is if I can charge it at Tesla charger.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today i test drove the best ipace so far ! Color of exterior (green-greyish) and interior (brown) are not great, but technically it was a superior car. I was excited :D

Now my concern is about battery warranty. Jaguar offers only 7 years of battery warranty on the 2018 model. This leaves just 4 years left.
All it takes is a broken cell and the vehicle is a total loss. Has anyone looked into refurbishing a faulty 40.000 battery yet?
If it has not been attempted yet, do you think a broken battery can be fixed?

And how long will deep pocketed i-pace owners be able to renew their battery?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1. Is it possible to stay in the car and enjoy airconditioning/heating while the car is charging ?
2. And considering road trips, is it possible to sleep in the car with the doors locked while it's charging?
3. To manage the car (precondition, charge status, lock, unlock etc) , do I really need a yearly Jaguar Protect subscription, knowing it's reviews are very bad.
4. I read a lot about 12v batteries mysteriously dying, most cases are from 2019. Has this issue been resolved already or should I always carry a jumpstarter ?
5. Is Jaguar approved warranty worth the extra money, roughly 10k (compared to buying from a non-dealer having no warranty) and having the car fixed case by case ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is this independent dealer who sells a 2019 she with all options incl the black pro seats..Here it comes : it has about 90.000 km on the ODO meter and it comes with just 3 months of basic warranty. This is the most awesome looking car I've seen so far.

the contenders are
a 1st edition in silicon grey and brown pro seats, 20.000km
the HSE in metallic black and black pro seats, 90.000km
1st edition common grey with black interior, 30.000km

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are you in France?

My first edition is for sale in the UK.
Spotless condition 18k miles. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In located in Netherlands, no RHD here :)

so please convince me into buying an high mileage awesome looking ipace with very little warranty over a not so special ipace thats low mileage and has approved warranty

1 - 18 of 18 Posts