Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
2018 HSE Silicon Silver with the F-Type interior
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I picked up the car Monday, it's a great joy to drive. But I missed the tow hook to pull my tent trailer with. According to the dealer this was a 2200 euro option.

But in the car's paperwork I found a manual from a Jaguar tow bar. And in the trunk I found an extra license plate for a trailer..I did not find the detachable tow hook.
now I am doing the math and this could mean that this iPace already had a tow bar fitted :D AWESOME !!!!!!

Premium Member
I have a detachable tow bar, it is the same as the demountable Witter. If you have it there should be a panel under the rear of the car which has a silver screw you can undo with a coin. The towbar electrics can swivel down and there is a rubber stopper covering a square hole into which the demountable towbar is inserted. The bar might be under the rear floor of your car in a blue cloth bag, though I never carry mine in the car because it is HEAVY.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The mystery is solved : my ipace USED to have a towbar, but was restored to its original condition just before i bought it, so they welded the aluminium bar back in and fitted a new diffuser.

This week I had a new Brink bar fitted. If you wonder how much effort this is have a look at the picture. They removed the aluminium bar and replaced it for a steel one. In the diffuser is now a rectangular hole, hardly visible from behind. Towing capacity is 750kg.
Road surface Automotive tire Bumper Wood Automotive exterior

Tomorrow we go camping !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
And a question, can i remove the tiny Rear spoiler myself? it looks like its glued but dont mean to break it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

totally awesome family car !! 馃榿

so if Jaguar enters the premium market, like they said they would, i hope towing is still possible 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire Fender

After six months of preparation my home 30kwh DC charger was finally installed. Then i found out this model is for energy company B while i have company A 馃槵 so its a work in progress getting things properly aligned..

21 - 28 of 28 Posts