Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
MY20, HSE + Air suspension, Firenze Red
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a MY2020 HSE and with the recent foggy weather here in the UK, looked to switch on the fog lights.
To my great surprise, Jaguar did not see the need to fit a basic safety feature to a luxury performance car!
I don't think it is practical to retrofit them since the wiring and switches would be different.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I recently got a MY2020 HSE and with the recent foggy weather here in the UK, looked to switch on the fog lights.
To my great surprise, Jaguar did not see the need to fit a basic safety feature to a luxury performance car!
I don't think it is practical to retrofit them since the wiring and switches would be different.
If you have the matrix lights then fog lights are really not necessary. I have had them on my HSE for over 2 years and not missed fog lights at all. This is why Jaguar gives you the option of not fitting them.

Reactions: ACS

·
Registered
MY20, HSE + Air suspension, Firenze Red
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have just discovered that the car has rear fog(s) :)
There is an extra collar switch on the lighting stalk and headlights must be on to enable them (amber light on dash).

How to tell if my car has matrix or standard headlights?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Matrix headlights were a standard feature of HSE,you can tell when driving on full beam because elements of the light switch off not the whole full beam as you approach traffic etc

I disagree that Matrix headlights means no need for front fog lights. I thought the same and did not opt for the additional fogs but find driving in thick fog with the matrix lights is completely awful, they wander about all over the place and visibility is consequently rubbish.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Coming to the Ipace from a RR Velar, I am not impressed with the matrix lights on the IPace. I had the adaptive matrix on my Velar and I found that those lights were much brighter and further reach compared to the adaptive matrix on the Ipace.
I am not sure how useful the LED fog lights on the Ipace is. (I don't have them). I am sure they would make the car seen by another driver, but not sure how more visibility it would provide for the driver of the IPace.
And the DRLs do make these cars visible in any kind of weather, and therefore perhaps the requirement for a from fog light is no longer there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Every time I notice the matrix lighting doing it's thing it always make me smile. It's magic as far as I'm concerned. If anyone comes up with a technical explanation of how it actually does work then "la la la I'm not listening".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.