Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With temperatures dropping and despite starting remote climate 10 minutes ahead of departure, my rear window was still fogged when I arrived at work (7km - 10 mins) despite having the rear window heater on from the start.

As below pictures shows - most of the clearing up was result of water drops running down the window rather than rear window heater clearing it. Air flow might clear rain drops and therefore Jaguar's idea to not fit a rear window wiper but fogged window is a problem which easily could have been solved with a rear window wiper.

PS: Another new experience I never had with any other car is when I leave the suburb and accelerate on a 80km/h state road it looks like it is raining on my front window despite clear skies. A lot of water is jumping up from the bonnet/grill onto the front window.

Automotive lighting Automotive design Rectangle Automotive exterior Hood

Vehicle Car Blue Grille Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Jelle v/d Meer said:
With temperatures dropping and despite starting remote climate 10 minutes ahead of departure, my rear window was still fogged when I arrived at work (7km - 10 mins) despite having the rear window heater on from the start.

As below pictures shows - most of the clearing up was result of water drops running down the window rather than rear window heater clearing it. Air flow might clear rain drops and therefore Jaguar's idea to not fit a rear window wiper but fogged window is a problem which easily could have been solved with a rear window wiper.

PS: Another new experience I never had with any other car is when I leave the suburb and accelerate on a 80km/h state road it looks like it is raining on my front window despite clear skies. A lot of water is jumping up from the bonnet/grill onto the front window.

IMG_0078.jpg
IMG_0077.jpg
Yeah, lack of rear windscreen wiper is a silly style over function choice. Hopefully corrected in the next model update.

I see you have oyster seats, which look really great! How
"sensitive" are they to dirt/jeans?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raeth said:
I see you have oyster seats, which look really great! How
"sensitive" are they to dirt/jeans?
So far no issues (only 700km done mostly just me in the car) - no marks spotted. Kids still sit on their booster seats and currently absolutely forbidden to eat/drink in the car :lol:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have light coloured seats since 2000. Leather seats but also fabric. Never had the situation where the seats where dirty "beyond repair". Me and the kids eat and drink in the car. Also some accidents with the kids in the car, no problem at all. So I wouldn't worry about that at all.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thank you both for responding, sounds reassuring! Still debating if I should use some kind of spray/lotion to protect the leather (and make it easier to clean). Never used that on my black leather seats and they looked fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jelly, I have had the same experience. Even with a departure time set and climate control running for 20-25 minutes, I still have a fogged rear window and rearview mirrors. Looks like the rear window heater is not activated by the climate control.... very weird indeed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts