Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer (Southampton UK) hasn't been very forthcoming on details since I paid a deposit of £1K in January. Last I heard, delivery would be end of September (details that I can check up on).

Due to a change in circumstances, I'm thinking of defaulting on the purchase. Anyone interested, so I can get my deposit back?

Spec https://build.jaguar/BA10415E

G

·
If you don't have a firm delivery commitment, and have not been able to test drive the car, I would be surprised if you cannot just cancel any order, and recover your deposit.

I would be really surprised if there is any prospect of you getting delivery in the UK of an HSE by the end of September if you only paid a £1k deposit in January 2018. I put my deposit down 18 months ago, and firm ordered in March, and mine won't be delivered until January 2019.

I suggest you talk with your dealer, and if you do not get satisfaction, talk to JLR directly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I phoned them in January, and made a £1K deposit on CC. No terms were discussed.
In March they asked for my spec.
In July I asked for an update, and they said "The car is showing the end of September at this stage."

That was the last communication I had.

G

·
They should have sent you a detailed order breakdown for you to confirm it was correct, and also an order form for you to sign up to (including terms). If you paid a deposit be credit card then I cannot see you having any difficulty recovering it under the circumstances you describe. You need to contact them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tophe74 said:
How can u order without paying anything ? I thought u have to pay at least 10% when ordering. I paid 20% ...
I guess from their perspective, selling it wont be a problem if it ends up on the forecourt.

I think I will just wait it out. I didn't know about the delays. If it does turn up, and I am not in the position to buy it, I'll ask for my deposit.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tophe74 said:
How can u order without paying anything ? I thought u have to pay at least 10% when ordering. I paid 20% ...
I did not make any deposit or payment. Just signed the contract which is pretty much the normal procedure in NL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts