Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Front Vents - Does JLR have these totally backwards?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  scm 
#1 ·
Are the Front Vanes vented or not? Your i-pace design video animations strongly suggest they are, so is Mike Mas mistaken in his view below? (Note his comments on Formula E suggest he's never heard of the Formula E's I-Pace E-Trophy series)

Extract from: Jaguar I-Pace In-Depth Observations - Mike Mas :-
Radiator Vane Fix - Finally there's the H-264 radiator shutter fix - where Jaguar tells us by having the front shutters stay closed longer will improve the cars aerodynamics and mileage. "Not" . Having designed military aircraft for 4 decades and a degree in aviation design tells me a different story. It's important to note, the design is flawed from the beginning, since the vanes and radiator assembly are trapped in the grill opening with no method for air to escape. In fact, there would be less drag and back pressure if the vanes remained open for the simple fact some of the trapped air could then escape though the radiator which would lower pressure to reduce drag. JLR has this totally backwards! Finally Jaguar needs to stop comparing their Formula E (electric) race car to the IPace since they have virtually nothing in common other than they both run on electric motors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.