Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Jaguar Remote app with charging status, position, journeys etc has decided to go on strike. Despite being in an area with a good mobile signal (for the UK) it is refusing to contact the car and update.
I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling with no joy. The web based version is also refusing to update since 09.11 yesterday morning. The phone works, CarPlay works, the car charges ok.
Tried getting app to update when I'm sitting in the car but no joy.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine can need a few tries to connect (happens automatically) but works fine after that. You've done everything I would. Maybe a trip/call to the dealer/Jaguar now as it may be a bug in the car's software?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Guys

My remote App has also frozen today. I end up with a message on the screen "Communication Preferences" - prompting to tap on "go to my account". If you do this there are two buttons "Marketing Communications" and "Vehicle Health Alerts" with a link above "Back to Communication Preferences". No matter what you do with the button settings, the only way out is to tap "Back to Communication Preferences" but this dumps you from the App. So my remote App is stuck in this loop with no apparent escape. Any ideas?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm booked into dealer for software upgrade to 14.2 on 10th December so will add the non communication issue to the list.
Even the location doesn't update, but the weather does!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

I had the same problem about a week ago. My car is 2 weeks old. I tried everything as you did with no luck. I contacted Jaguar and was told to log out of the app and then drive the car for at least 1 mile. Then log back in. If that doesn't work, try the same but press the Jaguar assistant button in the roof nearer the rear view mirror for at least 15 secs after driving the car for more than 1 mile. It worked for me with the connection being re-established.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mysteries of IT.
I had an apparently unconnected problem in the house yesterday evening with all the iPhones and iPads getting "incorrect password" messages for the wi-fi router. After turning router off and then on again that problem resolved itself and all the phones reconnected to wi-fi with original passwords.
This morning the I-Pace is communicating again and the app and In-Control website are showing correct location (both at home and in Brighton when we drove there this morning) and the journey data is available again.
Strange, possibly a coincidence but at least it is working again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts