Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jaguar has launched an intelligent app to help drivers experience life with its all-electric I-PACE before even getting behind the wheel.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Compatible with Apple operating systems and coming soon for Android, the Go I-PACE app runs in the background and uses the device's location services to track individual journeys. It can also distinguish between different modes of transport to make sure it collects accurate data, even prompting users to confirm that individual trips were made by car for unusual routes - for instance on journeys made by cycling rather than behind the wheel.

Jaguar has teamed up with presenter and independent EV expert Robert Llewelyn to demonstrate the Go I-PACE app:

During Robert's week he drove 364 miles over 19 journeys, costing £66 in petrol. The same mileage in the all-electric Jaguar I-PACE would have cost just £24, translating to a potential average annual saving of over £1,100 based on 10,000 miles. Calculations are based on accredited data sources, using national monthly electricity, petrol and diesel costs from market-appropriate government information.

The Jaguar I-PACE can achieve a 0-80 per cent charge in 85 minutes (50kW DC rapid) and can achieve the same level in just over 10 hours using a residential AC wall box (7kW), ideal for overnight charging at home. When plugged in, owners can even choose the time at which their vehicle begins charging, to take advantage of cheaper energy tariffs.

A suite of smart range-optimising technologies includes a battery pre-conditioning system that, when plugged in, will automatically raise or lower the temperature of the battery to maximise range ahead of driving away.

Owners can also take advantage of software updates that ensure I-PACE is always running the latest version.

The Go I-PACE app captures journey data to calculate potential cost savings, show how much battery would be used per trip and tell users how many charges they would need in a week if they were driving the I-PACE.

As it builds a unique picture of a vehicle's use, the app will even show how many journeys, if any, would have needed a stop to charge the EV's advanced Lithium-ion battery. Journeys over 50 miles represent only two per cent of all UK trips*. I-PACE, which has a maximum range of 298 miles (WLTP), could complete 98 per cent of these using just a fraction of a single charge.

When opening the app, users can enter the real-world fuel economy of their existing vehicle to calculate the cost savings switching to the I-PACE would deliver. Once enough journeys have been logged, the app will estimate the range drivers can expect to achieve from a full charge. An interactive map allows users to search for the nearest charging points along a chosen route or within a local area.

Interesting... (also from a privacy standpoint ;-))

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not available on Android in the UK.

This is worrying. I hope this is not a sign of the future APP release priority for Jaguar, as the i-Pace is a connected car, and like many I am not in the Apple ecosystem.

G

·
One of the best things about this app is that it estimates the range that your I-Pace will deliver, based on your actual driving pattern - very helpful in determining your charger requirements :)

G

·
Mine is saying 197 miles estimated range on the basis of 9 journeys and 128 miles. I will see how it develops over time, and whether it responds to how badly I drive. I wonder if assumes any particular pattern of regeneration?

·
Registered
148 Posts
214 miles based on 8 journeys and 63 miles. Two journeys were each 25 miles the rest all very short. Still showing "Limited" collection data so assuming/hoping the number will go up. The app must have a lot of assumptions about driving style but presumably short journeys are less economical because of battery warm up time etc? Again, does it assume the car was preconditioned before each trip? Be interesting to know more about what it assumes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Alas... Still not available on App Store Belgium.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am wondering if this is more interesting to people who don't have an electric car at the moment? I have an i3 and am struggling to see why i would bother using space on my phone for this - but I was wondering if that's cos I already have a leccy car

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
oop north said:
I am wondering if this is more interesting to people who don't have an electric car at the moment? I have an i3 and am struggling to see why i would bother using space on my phone for this - but I was wondering if that's cos I already have a leccy car
Indeed it is maybe more for people that have no BEV experience but I would imagine that also for you it could be interested to see how the I-pace power usage/range compares in real life with your driving style to the usage/range of your I3.

The APP is sadly not yet available in NL.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
oop north said:
Like me for example, however, I need an Android version, any ideas when it will be available?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Jelle v/d Meer said:
oop north said:
Indeed it is maybe more for people that have no BEV experience but I would imagine that also for you it could be interested to see how the I-pace power usage/range compares in real life with your driving style to the usage/range of your I3.

The APP is sadly not yet available in NL.
I have very little faith in an app telling me anything reliable about how an iPace will perform based on what it thinks of my driving in an i3 :lol: Of course it may well be more sophisticated than I am allowing for but in my experience the range on an electric car seems to have a random number generator involved..... :roll:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I downloaded this app for my iPhone SE out of sheer curiosity. It seems to load and says 'Auto-tracking on' but then seems to do no in-car tracking. I presume that I've overlooked enabling some vital setting, maybe in General Settings on the phone. Location services is enabled. Any idea what else I've overlooked?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi johnd, I also have an iPhone SE and the app works fine. I don't recall doing any special setup other than making sure Auto-tracking was on. I already use Google Timeline from within Google Maps and suspect both apps get their data from the same source. I vaguely remember having to turn Google Timeline on somehow when I first started using it but can't remember what I did. Sorry, probably not much help other than confirming it should work. I'm on IOS 11.4. Nigel

·
Registered
243 Posts
npritchard said:
Hi johnd, I also have an iPhone SE and the app works fine. I don't recall doing any special setup other than making sure Auto-tracking was on. I already use Google Timeline from within Google Maps and suspect both apps get their data from the same source.
Thanks. Sorry, for being thick but is the default iPhone 'Maps' the Google one or not? The only indication I can see on Maps seems to suggest that it's TomTom rather than Google (unless they're the same thing!). Or do I explicitly need to download a Google maps app?

·
Registered
243 Posts
johnd said:
Thanks. Sorry, for being thick but is the default iPhone 'Maps' the Google one or not? The only indication I can see on Maps seems to suggest that it's TomTom rather than Google (unless they're the same thing!). Or do I explicitly need to download a Google maps app?
OK, I can see now that Google Maps is something different from the default iOS Maps app. I've now installed the Google one - let's see how we get on with that!

·
Registered
148 Posts
OK. When you are in Google Map press the three lines top left and then Your Timeline. It will/should show you the history of all your journeys going back in time. As I said it looks VERY similar to what the Jaguar app does so if that works then I would have thought the Jag app should also work. Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I need an Android version of the app. The developer or marketing arrogance that everyone blindly buys Apple trinkets so that is enough of a target should have been stopped a long time ago.
I haven't been told that my I-Pace will not arrive on Friday as planned - so I need an Android version now - even a beta version would be better than nothing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts