Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at the early stages of considering an i-pace. My first question is: The prices quoted for this car starts at 60k+, does this take into account the government subsidies and how much is this subsidy.

dwg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anyone heard any more about when the iPace will be added to the government's list of approved cars for the £4,500 grant? I still can't see any sign of it being approved.

G

·
Just remember the UK run's out October now for the full % ... then after October it reduces slightly over time.

G

·
It was already extended from April 2018 to October 2018.

Some sort of grant is likely to be available until 2020 but the value of it is expected to be reduced as time goes on.
This was always the plan .... a scaled reduction of the % over time.

I am speculating that there won't be an extension of the max grant today in October, as I can't see them doing another extension as sales of EV's are starting to soar.

Just be glade tha the model 3 is delayed in the the UK until 3/4 of 2019 at the earliest! That would have sapped a large chunk of the grant up!

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
So that's not a planned reduction in the individual grant at all, but a cap on the total number of EV purchases that will be eligible for the grant. But do we know whether the grant fund has been totally taken up anyway? So:

1. If the fund hasn't been fully subscribed to date then there's a good chance that reducing the total allocation won't make much difference in practice.

2. Even if the grant if fully subscribed then it's difficult to see that the government will not change this detail and allow the fund to grow again - Brexit is going to do far too much damage to the UK car industry anyway. Difficult to see even this government compounding their folly, especially after all the promises apparently made to Nissan.

So, in all probability, much ado about nothing.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Typo "Just warned my dealer" not "Just warned by dealer". No surprise my dealer new nothing about it!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
npritchard said:
Heads up guys. Looks as if the £4,500 plug in grant for the iPace may get removed at the end of this month due to a £60,000 cap on purchase price being introduced. Just warned by dealer that if this happens I will be coming to them for help with this because my original delivery date was this month.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-6256083/Electric-car-prices-look-set-rise-government-trims-grants.html
I read a similar article last week (can't find it again) and it stated things very similar to this one, however, that one said it would be 2020 before the value of EV grants changed, this one seems to think it will be happening come what may, very soon?

·
Registered
21 Posts
If the Government removes the grant which I dont think they will otherwise how will they get to the Hybrid/Electric target by 2040 without it, I for one will not be pushed into purchasing another electric car becasue of this and that, my plan is to order March/April for September 2019 Delivery.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Who knows what will actually happen until budget day dawns, but my guess is that this is just another of those pre-budget scare stories that do the rounds as part of the usual FUD campaign.

If there is to be a change then some medium-term future date is more likely. And with the UK car industry right in the Brexit cross-hairs, it's difficult to imagine that the I-Pace will be deliberately put first up before the firing squad, especially given the government's EV targets.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So it turns out 12th November is the date that things change. Plug-in hybrids are no longer going to be supported and the top level grant has fallen from £4,500 to £3,500. Not the worst thing in the world but it's still a shame they've decided to reduce it. Also apparently the government will support the next 35,000 cars but no idea what they'll do after that...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/government-scraps-plug-car-grant-hybrids

1 - 20 of 37 Posts