Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI. I'm interested in I-Pace and anxious to see it soon in the dealer showroom. I'm driving XC90 T8 now and like to drive with electricity but that's only 20-25km before the engine kicks in. So I'm looking to change it to BEV and I-Pace seems best alternative at the moment.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome Payne, you're the first from Finland i'd gather. The XC90 T8 is also a stunning car. I wonder, are there any advantages in Finland when you drive full electric? We know Holland and Norway are very supportive of them. But how about Finland? And is there a descent charge-infrastructure?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Main advanced is tax benefit. Car sale tax in Finland is CO2 based. EV's with zero CO2 has 3,2% tax while cars with combustion engines are 10 to 50% depending CO2. For example F-Pace with it's lowest diesel CO2 139g has 23% tax. And if you looking for power version to match I-Pace pace, then you're talking about 30-40% tax which make those models more expensive here than I-Pace, especially if loaded with extras. Also road tax/year is cheaper.
Charge infra has been getting better since I got T8. Turning point was last year. Lot of public and free Type 2 stations has emerged in parking places in malls and city. Fast charging stations still needs more stations. There's some on main routes but usually it's only one charger per location. That being broken or reserved, then next one might be too far so you need to stay long with Type 2 AC station. But I-Pace 480 km range in my use is good for a week, so charging isn't problem. And if need to go far off the grid, I still'd have my old XJ8 to burn some gas with growl.

<VIMEO id="263459482" url="https://vimeo.com/263459482">
</VIMEO>

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the information. Funny to read that Finland also has got CO2 taxes. The same as in NL. And nice to see (and hear) the XJ8! Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally placed my order yesterday. Ceasium blue HSE with Dapple Grey / Ebony premium textile seats. Extras air springs and cold weather packet. Delivery March/April 2019

·
Registered
142 Posts
...But I-Pace 480 km range in my use is good for a week, so charging isn't problem. And if need to go far off the grid, I still'd have my old XJ8 to burn some gas with growl.

Don't expect to drive it for 480km (even 470), especially in the north;o)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Max69 said:
...But I-Pace 480 km range in my use is good for a week, so charging isn't problem. And if need to go far off the grid, I still'd have my old XJ8 to burn some gas with growl.

Don't expect to drive it for 480km (even 470), especially in the north;o)
Nope, got once a week trip to the city about 150km, other days 10-20 km/day. Should be good enough :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
Another Finn joins in, I've been reading the forum a couple of months and now spotted a fellow Finn. Placed my order Jun 16th right after the first test drive but haven't got any exact info from the local dealer (SportsCarCenter) about build date or delivery date. The just vaguely stated that delivery should be end Oct-Nov. MjrPayne, do you have any tips regarding home charger, which one should I consider? I have a 3-phase socket in my garage and 3x35A fuses so does that suggest that it could accommodate even 22kW wallbox charger?
MadMike

·
Registered
325 Posts
MadMike said:
I have a 3-phase socket in my garage and 3x35A fuses so does that suggest that it could accommodate even 22kW wallbox charger?
MadMike
Unfortunately not. The I-pace only supports a single phase at 32A max, so 7,4 or 7,6kW is the maximum speed. If you don't have a Tesla, Zoe or similar, there is no use in installing a three phase charger. Nevertheless, I am already installing three phase cables just in case my next car supports it. Means digging only once now and replacing the charger in future.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd put 3-phase box on the wall even I-Pace use only 1 phase. Price difference isn't that big between 1 and 3 phase boxes so get 3 phase for future because next car probably would be able to use it.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Are you sure that your 3 phase box will not damage the I PACE charger ?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
emgf said:
Are you sure that your 3 phase box will not damage the I PACE charger ?
Yes, it's same as you connect the car in a charging station Type 2 charger.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got it yesterday. Nice day to pick up a new car. The day started with full lunar eclipse which was in view when driving old Volvo to the dealer. Watched beginning of trip moon coming back to normal. Then great winter sunrise. Temp was between -20C to -27C. Picked up my Blue Cat around noon and drove it out in bright sunny weather. I stopped for photo on the road, this is what came out:

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Superb !
Hopefully good omens for a great experience
What does GOM predict for your range at those temperatures ? just curious

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
malcolm said:
Superb !
Hopefully good omens for a great experience
What does GOM predict for your range at those temperatures ? just curious
I did 228km yesterday and 21km left. Started 100% charge from warm dealer room. About 25km city, 40km 100km/h and rest 80km/h road and kept within speed limit.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
MjrPayne said:
Finally got it yesterday. Nice day to pick up a new car. The day started with full lunar eclipse which was in view when driving old Volvo to the dealer. Watched beginning of trip moon coming back to normal. Then great winter sunrise. Temp was between -20C to -27C. Picked up my Blue Cat around noon and drove it out in bright sunny weather. I stopped for photo on the road, this is what came out:
Great photo!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.