Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that there is a Gridserve at Lands End, it’s located at the visitor centre does anyone know if you need to pay to access the charger BEFORE actually hooking up, ie do you need to pay the people who run the Lands End visitor centre?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I see that there is a Gridserve at Lands End, it’s located at the visitor centre does anyone know if you need to pay to access the charger BEFORE actually hooking up, ie do you need to pay the people who run the Lands End visitor centre?
It says it it is contactless payment on zap map as backed up by the reviews

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll try again…… I am unclear if access to the charger is only available once one has paid the exorbitant fees to enter the Lands End visitor centre

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also interested since that is the only charger for miles around the toe of Cornwall. There is hardly anything in St Just/St Ives/Penzance other than the single one in the Penzance harbour car park.
At Land's End it is located right next to the buildings and you would have had to go through the parking toll booth to get to it so my guess is yes, you have to pay the £12 to park there to use it.
It puts me off going to that lovely part of Cornwall such is the dearth of chargers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The pair of Shell high powers at Hayle seem they are still waiting for grid connection (check plugshare) which is a real shame.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Also interested since that is the only charger for miles around the toe of Cornwall. There is hardly anything in St Just/St Ives/Penzance other than the single one in the Penzance harbour car park.
At Land's End it is located right next to the buildings and you would have had to go through the parking toll booth to get to it so my guess is yes, you have to pay the £12 to park there to use it.
It puts me off going to that lovely part of Cornwall such is the dearth of chargers.
KapilDev, I used the GeniePoint charger at St Erth railway station when I was down in Cornwall for a week in the summer. It worked fine but was often busy. I also used the GeniePoint at Trevissome Park on the way down. It worked perfectly but it's on a business park and there are no facilities...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts