Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been fortunate enough over recent years to own a number of Range Rovers and benefited greatly from the Range Rover Experience days.Where I learnt more about the vehicles capabilities from the driving instructors at the various centres than i could ever have absorbed when collecting the new car from the Sales executives at the hand over in the dealerships.
I have purchased a new Ipace black due to be delivered in early July. I contacted both my supplying Dealership and Jaguar Customer Services ar Solihull in the forlorn hope that Jaguar would provide a similar 'Experience day' to educate their new customers on getting the most out of their newly purchased, award winning, electric vehicle.
Sadly not!
Surely if it works for Range Rover customers it would benefit Jaguar owners, if only in reducing telephone calls to dealerships asking how their new car works. Which may have been missed during the Hand over or more likely not understood.

·
Registered
841 Posts
They probably don’t have anyone in sales that knows much other than how to set the phone up and get remote working.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Have been fortunate enough over recent years to own a number of Range Rovers and benefited greatly from the Range Rover Experience days.Where I learnt more about the vehicles capabilities from the driving instructors at the various centres than i could ever have absorbed when collecting the new car from the Sales executives at the hand over in the dealerships.
I have purchased a new Ipace black due to be delivered in early July. I contacted both my supplying Dealership and Jaguar Customer Services ar Solihull in the forlorn hope that Jaguar would provide a similar 'Experience day' to educate their new customers on getting the most out of their newly purchased, award winning, electric vehicle.
Sadly not!
Surely if it works for Range Rover customers it would benefit Jaguar owners, if only in reducing telephone calls to dealerships asking how their new car works. Which may have been missed during the Hand over or more likely not understood.
Hi Mike

I don’t think it’s a bad idea at all. Aircraft manufacturers give factory tours and actual flight experiences to buyers to ‘sell the product’. Same for someone standing in the street offering free samples of their food. Also benefits non previous EV owners and introduces them to the small differences EV and ICE vehicles have.

From a slightly different perspective to your suggested EV experience day tour there is also a good reason from a legal perspective (for the seller) and new experience (for the buyer) of having a basic handover and some sort of explanation and tour of the vehicle for safety and basic minimum understanding of how things work. Of course if you are already coming from the same ev or a similar ev then you could forgo this reasonably.

Then again if you are going to demonstrate how amazing your ev is by throwing a steel ball at the window to show how impenetrable it is… ev experiences may be something you want to avoid…

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did get a nice handover from Roger Young nr Plymouth - car was under a giant cover with ribbon, as many mince pies and coffee as I could take, thorough talk through the car's systems and a bit about how to charge etc. Given this was pre-Xmas 2021 and Covid restrictions were still in place I was pretty happy to be honest.

That said, a free factory tour would be nice....quite fancy a trip to Austria!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts