Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My ipace has lost cabin heating. It's been recovered to my local dealer who told me today that the heater unit is on back order and my car will be off the road for 3-4 weeks. It sounds like there were lots of failures last winter, so bit of a joke that JLR didn't think to have some stocks ready for this winter.

·
Registered
Ipace HSE 2020 MY
26 Posts
My ipace has lost cabin heating. It's been recovered to my local dealer who told me today that the heater unit is on back order and my car will be off the road for 3-4 weeks. It sounds like there were lots of failures last winter, so bit of a joke that JLR didn't think to gave some stocks ready for this winter.
I am in the same position mine failed Sunday car was looked at by Jaguar Assist this afternoon and is going in tomorrow. I expect to lose the car for about 4 weeks.

I deliberately waited for a couple of years before buying an IPace in the hope all the launch issues would sorted. Think I may have failed on that front.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well we can add my Ipace to the list cabin heating failed two weeks ago, booked in for repair in December as I will require
a loan car. I have been told they will need it for two days - my thinking is more like two months !
and its just had its first birthday & first failure

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think I am in the same boat. Just had a service 2 days ago. Today on the way to work, heaters failed. Cold air only. Jag assist sending a mobile tech out tomorrow. Are they all failing the moment it gets cold?!

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's a heat exchanger (overhyped electric boiler) that dies and that requires massive disassembly to replace... I had that last winter, it was on backorder for weeks and the actual replacement took about 8 hours...

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's a heat exchanger (overhyped electric boiler) that dies and that requires massive disassembly to replace... I had that last winter, it was on backorder for weeks and the actual replacement took about 8 hours...
Same here. Mine failed last winter February 5th 2021. Picked up March 11th 2021. Can't complain about the service. Had phone calls to keep me updated and loan car. I believe there is a pipe that fails causing the heater to fail. Both were replaced. Hopefully you will get your cars back a bit quicker :)

Reactions: golar3

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, jaguar mobile tech came out and diagnosed HV heater failure. Is this like a plumbing issue where a pipe gets frozen in the cold?!? It's now with the dealer in Stockport, although they didn't have a loan car there but Jag arranged for a cab to take me to Knutsford to pick one up. Am hoping Jaguar will pick up the bill for the diesel costs, as it's a hundred miles round trip to work for me!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Does the pipe really get frozen in the cold or does it go hard and crack, coolant is antifreeze so shouldnt freeze

·
Registered
71 Posts
My heat isn't working and we don't see freezing temps here in Florida, so I don't think that a frozen pipe is the issue, or at least it isn't the only one. I'm scheduled for dealer service on Monday.

·
Registered
173 Posts
golar3, thanks for the link. Is this quote below relevant re failure of heater?

"BorgWarner’s intelligent heating solution includes sophisticated safety features to prevent thermal events like overheating: Designed to comply with the latest safety requirements, the system will switch-off automatically as soon as it detects an error." (n)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The tech that came out to mine tried to reset it but no response. It got taken to the dealer on Friday and they confirmed it is just sitting in their yard waiting for a replacement heater which is on back order.

·
Registered
103 Posts

"BorgWarner’s intelligent heating solution includes sophisticated safety features to prevent thermal events like overheating: Designed to comply with the latest safety requirements, the system will switch-off automatically as soon as it detects an error." (n)
From what I remember, the car went in first for a "software update" that maybe would fix the lack of heating, which of course it didn't. Then it went again for a "remote session" with a JLR technician, who concluded that the infamous part should be replaced. You can imagine how happy JLR is, considering the price of the part: 2019 Jaguar I-Pace Hvac heater core heater element. Hvac heater core heater element. Included - C2C42143 | Jaguar Palm Beach, West Palm Beach FL
and the 8 hours replacement labour cost...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same for me.(SE White MY20) Jaguar Assistance said they are seeing a batch failure of the HV Heater control unit. My understanding is that this is nothing to do with frozen pipes but faults in the power-electronics on this unit.
Mine is going in to the Newcastle dealers tomorrow and they claim to have a replacement unit "on order". They claim they cannot supply me with a replacement vehicle-my first experience of Jaguar service!

·
Registered
103 Posts

Well, it switched off allright, problem is it never switched back on...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, jaguar mobile tech came out and diagnosed HV heater failure. Is this like a plumbing issue where a pipe gets frozen in the cold?!? It's now with the dealer in Stockport, although they didn't have a loan car there but Jag arranged for a cab to take me to Knutsford to pick one up. Am hoping Jaguar will pick up the bill for the diesel costs, as it's a hundred miles round trip to work for me!
My heater just failed today (just blowing cold air) I pressed the assistance button and had a AA chap with diagnostics in the drive within 30 minutes, his equipment relayed back to Jaguar and the response was it has to go to the dealer, a “known” issue. Just waiting for the dealer to get in touch re a loan car.

This is the first fault in 15 months and 16000 miles, impressed with the speed of response so far, I had a short trip to do today when I noticed the issue, my 40 mile round trip registered at 1.8m/kWh, I normally get between 2.9 and 3.2 m/kWh, so it’s not only the cabin heater it’s also the battery heater that’s at fault

lets see how long for the local dealer to get in touch………

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would expect Jaguar will be backing the repair costs off to the heater manufacture .
I must say I am really impressed with Jaguar, phoned problem in lunchtime, Asist van on the drive in 30 mins, at 16:00 called by local dealer to take car in and given an iPace loaner. They already have another iPace with the same fault and waiting for parts, so could be after Christmas before I get the car back, still I have a new iPace HSE with PiviPro to play with. Given 1 dealer now has 2 cars with the same fault the problem looks like a faulty part. Apparently fix is quick once they have the part, fingers crossed we are reunited soon

1 - 20 of 36 Posts