Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I must say I am really impressed with Jaguar, phoned problem in lunchtime, Asist van on the drive in 30 mins, at 16:00 called by local dealer to take car in and given an iPace loaner. They already have another iPace with the same fault and waiting for parts, so could be after Christmas before I get the car back, still I have a new iPace HSE with PiviPro to play with. Given 1 dealer now has 2 cars with the same fault the problem looks like a faulty part. Apparently fix is quick once they have the part, fingers crossed we are reunited soon
They have found me an ipace after a week of driving an underpowered diesel Evoque. Hopefully will be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had the heating stop on mine a few days ago.
Called Jaguar assist and they were very quick, ran the diagnostics and it was an 'open circuit' on a heat exchange. Just means it's stopped working.
I now have a giant sparkly red with all black trim Disco Sport which is too long for my garage. They said the part is on back order could be several weeks, blamed covid ¯\(ツ)/¯.
Seems like a bit of an IPACE epidemic going on with heating failure which may mean a longer wait for parts if they are all falling apart..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Seems like a bit of an IPACE epidemic going on with heating failure which may mean a longer wait for parts if they are all falling apart..
The unusual thing is that this problem occurred for many of us last winter, so it would seem logical for JLR to get prepared for the new batch of failures, no?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The unusual thing is that this problem occurred for many of us last winter, so it would seem logical for JLR to get prepared for the new batch of failures, no?
This was my thought as well. Given the reports from last winter, I would have expected them to have a very good idea of the number of failures to expect this year (there are well-known mathematical models for all this stuff which companies use to work out what it will cost them to provide a warranty).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine went last winter and just gone again today !!! Hate the evoque I was given as a replacement last time - underpowered and what seemed like random auto gear shifts ….Not sure what chance I get a replacement I-PACE ???

·
Registered
Ipace HSE 2020 MY
26 Posts
Mine went last winter and just gone again today !!! Hate the evoque I was given as a replacement last time - underpowered and what seemed like random auto gear shifts ….Not sure what chance I get a replacement I-PACE ???
Oh joy will have to get rid of the car during the summer then. In fact I doubt I will be keeping it that long and I will go back to petrol all this confirms my view that EVs are too immature at the moment, and this is not just the I-Pace but all the manufacturers apart from Tesla who are more a software house rather than a car manufacturer. Not heard any bad things about the Polestar but they have not been about too long.

I have a loan Discovery sport 180D whose adaptive cruise control only runs for about 5 mins then it says Radar blocked. Once they tell me when my car may be ready if it's a long wait will need the Disco changing out as I use adaptive cruise control all the time.

Only good experience so far with all this was with Jaguar Assist who I thought were great and in fairness the service agent at the main dealer was very pleasant and was as helpful as he could be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has gone and the car less than a week old so very disappointed. Ended up taking it a long way to leave it for repair as supplying dealer already had one in waiting to be done, as did the next nearest dealer. Turns out the place where we took it has 4 waiting before ours! Once we have told the supplying dealer this story they have come up trumps and supplying us with a courtesy ipace and recovering our car back to them to repair. Given us a HUGE doubt as to reliability though at the start of our ipace adventure and really spoiled the experience.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Same issue here, my heater stopped working yesterday. Jaguar assist came today, it needs to go the garage and they don’t have a loan car until next February. So I won’t be able to use my 1 year old HSE during the winter. Pretty unacceptable from Jaguar, they must know by now that there has been a faulty heater batch and they should have organised a recall during the summer. Considering the amount of people on this forum experiencing this issue I guess they will be a massive back order on this hardware and as usual they will blame Covid…..

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just got word that the heat pump module needs to be replaced and it's on back order. Fortunately, I can easily get by in Florida with heated seats and steering wheel, so I'm back in the I Pace until the part comes in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine went in last Monday, I’ve been given evoque which is ok(ish) but doesn’t come close to the I-pace. Update yesterday was that part is on back order, they have issued a “critical alert” to the supplier but don’t have any idea when the part will come through. They talked about giving me weekly updates, which doesn’t sound like it’s going to be sorted anytime soon - has anyone either had repair completed or been given a date for the part ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine went in last Monday, I’ve been given evoque which is ok(ish) but doesn’t come close to the I-pace. Update yesterday was that part is on back order, they have issued a “critical alert” to the supplier but don’t have any idea when the part will come through. They talked about giving me weekly updates, which doesn’t sound like it’s going to be sorted anytime soon - has anyone either had repair completed or been given a date for the part ?
Same here, told it was the high voltage battery heater, on back order and could be some time, weekly updates will be provided.

·
Registered
Ipace HSE 2020 MY
26 Posts
Mine went in two weeks ago today and like you I have been told the part has been raised to critical. Will chase today to see whats going on, I know my battery is disconnected, perhaps its out of the car ? As I can see it is not there on the remote app.

What is concerning me is that my car is a MY20 but there are also MY 21s failing surely given this issue was around last winter they would have modified the heater to prevent this. So are we getting the exact same design refitted and will that fail next winter?

I suspect Jaguar must be flowing the cost of the repairs down to the supplier and if not they need to learn from the Telecoms industry all about that. Once you get hit for a $10M flowdown you dam well make sure your product doesn't fail again.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Flowdown will work if the whole system is from one supplier, my guess is the heater, pumps, software and heat exchangers are from different sources. So if dodgy software caused heater failure no claim.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts