Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
61 - 80 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
White Ipace S and Red Ftype
62 Posts
Just got a call from dealer. Because my car had be done before it has the modified pipe so only needs heater which they have one waiting on shelf, ordered for another customer but that car needs hose which is on back order. My car should be ready Wednesday next week. 🙏

·
Registered
15 Posts
Picked up my I Pace just before Christmas (MY22), heater lasted 7 days, now waiting on repair date, all parts on back order, at least I got given a Range Rover Velar as courtesy car, although I would prefer another I Pace. Just need to make the call on whether we hand the car back or not.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Just wait until summer, several of us had AC failures at the height of summer this year, such that running maximum AC led to warmer air in the car than the air outside. That took 2.5 months to fix.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just got the call that the parts are waiting for install. They are backed up with the holiday, so I'll wait to take it in after the New Year.

Apparently the modified pipe was the delay.

·
Registered
Ipace HSE 2020 MY
66 Posts
Got my car back yesterday, so very pleased to see it again. Although the Discovery Sport Jaguar Assist provided was an OK car nice to get the I-Pace back again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Got my car back yesterday, so very pleased to see it again. Although the Discovery Sport Jaguar Assist provided was an OK car nice to get the I-Pace back again.
Excellent. I haven't heard from mine, but I see the car was unlocked yesterday. Am driving a fully spec'd MY21 as a courtesy car so have not been hassling!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dealer (Stockport) called this morning to say parts are now in - they are short of staff re cv-19 but car should be back with me end of this week / beginning of next - feels like real progress

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Mine's being worked on today - tracker people have been pinging me because the battery was disconnected and it wasn't put into service mode. Garage told me they received three heater units yesterday (for the three cars they had waiting) so sounds like the logjam has been broken. They expect to get it back to me tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My ipace has lost cabin heating. It's been recovered to my local dealer who told me today that the heater unit is on back order and my car will be off the road for 3-4 weeks. It sounds like there were lots of failures last winter, so bit of a joke that JLR didn't think to have some stocks ready for this winter.
I've had the same problem - the car has been with the dealer in Milton Keynes for more than 1 month now, still no update on when the parts will be delivered to them and the car repaired. Have been given a diesel loan car. Really disappointed, did'nt expect this to happen with a Jaguar IPace.

·
Registered
EV 320 Austria Edition, MY 2022, eiger grey, black pack, …
32 Posts
The same with my brand new IPace: now exactly 1 month off the road. I have been at the garage yesterday, they have no idea when the the new hv heater will be delivered. I am getting more and more disapointed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dealer (Stockport) called this morning to say parts are now in - they are short of staff re cv-19 but car should be back with me end of this week / beginning of next - feels like real progress
…….Guy Salmon Stockport just called to say (I don’t think they apologised) that they’d got me mixed up with someone else (different car /different problem) … the parts aren’t in, they are still on back order and they haven’t a scooby-doo when this will be sorted

·
Registered
51 Posts
I called Jaguar to complain about cost of fuel for ICE replacement and a v helpful agent tracked down an I-PACE in Crewe (40 miles away ?) that I could use. When I picked it up the person at Crewe told me they had received heaters and were well on with sorting their backlog ….. I called Stockport who eventually got back to me and confirmed that the parts have arrived - feels like this is nearly sorted !!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I got mine back on Friday, after 7 weeks at the dealer. It sounds like parts have been coming through in reasonable quantity since the new year. My dealer had 4 cars waiting, one was lucky enough to be done just before Christmas but parts for the other three had arrived by 4th January so they cleared the other three last week. I believe it is a big job, and only some techs are qualified to do it, so dealers with a bigger backlog may take a while to work through them all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Picked up my I Pace just before Christmas (MY22), heater lasted 7 days, now waiting on repair date, all parts on back order, at least I got given a Range Rover Velar as courtesy car, although I would prefer another I Pace. Just need to make the call on whether we hand the car back or not.
Update, just had a call that Williams Jaguar in Manchester will have the parts by the 21st Jan, let’s hope for a quick fitting!!

·
Registered
EV 320 Austria Edition, MY 2022, eiger grey, black pack, …
32 Posts
Had a call from Jaguar Austria yesterday. They don´t know exactly when the parts will arrive. However, they think it will be end of January. They kindly asked if I am ok with my loan car, a new Range Rover Evoque. Issue must be of high importance, though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I called Jaguar to complain about cost of fuel for ICE replacement and a v helpful agent tracked down an I-PACE in Crewe (40 miles away ?) that I could use. When I picked it up the person at Crewe told me they had received heaters and were well on with sorting their backlog ….. I called Stockport who eventually got back to me and confirmed that the parts have arrived - feels like this is nearly sorted !!!!
Just a word, I had a nightmare with this dealer, Lies wrong info for over a year. Even telling me my car was in the body shop 15 miles away, silence when I informed him it arrived in Stockport 3 days prior and was sat in their car park. Get information in writing, emails are handy if your troubles continue.
hopefully all soon sorted and you can enjoy the car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
On one hand, I feel bad about all of you guys that had to part with your cars for such a long time and go through varying degrees of hassle.

On the other, I almost envy you because I know that, from the looks of it, this will happen to most of us sooner or later and if it does after the warranty expires, we'll be in for a very unpleasant surprise.

Granted, we don't know whether the new heaters actually solve the problem or not (so it might happen again) but you at least get a new lease of time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
got top-end iPace HSE with almost all bells & whistles in Dec 21 MY22 ....got back to garage within 2 weeks just after Christmas... Now 3rd week running and heater still on back order.... got Volvo for the first week and then LR sports autobiography as a loaner... Looking at here, seems 3 weeks more to go...

61 - 80 of 170 Posts