Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
81 - 100 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
On one hand, I feel bad about all of you guys that had to part with your cars for such a long time and go through varying degrees of hassle.

On the other, I almost envy you because I know that, from the looks of it, this will happen to most of us sooner or later and if it does after the warranty expires, we'll be in for a very unpleasant surprise.

Granted, we don't know whether the new heaters actually solve the problem or not (so it might happen again) but you at least get a new lease of time.
Yes, this is the second time this has happened to me so I think it replaces the heater but I’ve not seen any assurance that it won’t just happen again. My lease up in July and with regret ive decided to go for a BMW next … ive absolutely loved the I-PACE and if I follow my heart I would 1000% get another one but my head says that seats, basic spec and this issue mean that I can get much better value in the IX3 or I4

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think I am in the same boat. Just had a service 2 days ago. Today on the way to work, heaters failed. Cold air only. Jag assist sending a mobile tech out tomorrow. Are they all failing the moment it gets cold?!
Touch wood but my 2019 is still OK. I keep mine in the Garage most nights so maybe there isn't such a shock to the HV heater when the battery has to be warmed first thing

·
Registered
MY 2021 I Pace SE
4 Posts
I got my car back today. The part was delivered to Guy Salmon SW London on Tuesday afternoon and the car was ready for me to pick up this morning (Thursday). It had been with them for nearly 6 weeks. They have 6 customers with the same problem waiting for parts to be delivered. Apparently some of the delay so I was told, is due to it being a new modified part, not to mention covid, Brexit and Xmas. I was also told that I should not have any problems with the new part. Anyway I’m glad to have got my car back and got rid of the Enterprise rental car I was given, no JLR courtesy cars were available due to high demand because of failed heaters! I got a Mercedes S Class 3.5D at first which was totally impractical but managed to switch it for a BMW 520D which was less of a boat and more of a driver’s car, neither of them a patch on the ipace though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well disappointment reigns again! Part did not arrive yesterday and awaiting a new ETA on delivery. Currently driving a JA courtesy Velar which is costing a fortune in fuel! (completely contradictory to the reason for going full electric). Wish that JA actually provided Jaguar courtesy cars rather than LR ones.

·
Registered
EV 320 Austria Edition, MY 2022, eiger grey, black pack, …
32 Posts
Well disappointment reigns again! Part did not arrive yesterday and awaiting a new ETA on delivery. Currently driving a JA courtesy Velar which is costing a fortune in fuel and burning up the ozone!! (completely contradictory to the reason for going full electric). Wish that JA actually provided Jaguar courtesy cars rather than LR ones.
I can feel with you. I am starting now into week 9 of heater failure. Shame on JLR!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You're fueling it with CFCs? o_O
No - you’re absolutely correct. Just polluting the environment with an gas-guzzling machine. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not anti-ICE vehicles - just bought a car to reduce my own high fuel costs and emissions and have been given a car which is costing me more to run than my part-ex!

·
Registered
51 Posts
No - you’re absolutely correct. Just polluting the environment with an gas-guzzling machine. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not anti-ICE vehicles - just bought a car to reduce my own high fuel costs and emissions and have been given a car which is costing me more to run than my part-ex!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had this problem (diesel evoque), eventually called Jaguar and asked (nicely) that either they give me electric or pay fuel costs - person I spoke to was v helpful, he called me back about 2 hours later and had found an ipace that was 49 miles away, I drive over and picked up the next day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I just decided to look at the forum for help as to why my heater had suddenly gone cold yesterday. Whilst it confirms I haven’t done something stupid and put it into a weird mode somehow this doesn’t make good reading. Guess I have a dealer phone call to make Monday morning, yay. One more for the list of failures.

·
Registered
Ipace HSE 2020 MY
66 Posts
So I just decided to look at the forum for help as to why my heater had suddenly gone cold yesterday. Whilst it confirms I haven’t done something stupid and put it into a weird mode somehow this doesn’t make good reading. Guess I have a dealer phone call to make Monday morning, yay. One more for the list of failures.
Andy your best bet is to call Jaguar Assistance now and book a time with them when a Jaguar trained technician is available. They will diagnose the issue and inform your dealer and arrange a loan car for you. Otherwise you will have to wait for a slot with the dealer in my case that was going to be a 4 week delay just to diagnose the issue.

Make sure you ask for a loan car whilst they are with you. I did and they were on the phone to me within 30 minutes to tell me that there would be one at the dealer for me when I dropped my car off the next day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Andy your best bet is to call Jaguar Assistance now and book a time with them when a Jaguar trained technician is available. They will diagnose the issue and inform your dealer and arrange a loan car for you. Otherwise you will have to wait for a slot with the dealer in my case that was going to be a 4 week delay just to diagnose the issue.

Make sure you ask for a loan car whilst they are with you. I did and they were on the phone to me within 30 minutes to tell me that there would be one at the dealer for me when I dropped my car off the next day.
Thanks, I have done that today, they have been and confirm the fault.

Now waiting for the call to arrange a loan car but told it won't be electric.

Apparently this heating element failure has affected many brands that use the same part and is causing the delay with replacements. Hopefully it won't be the four weeks I have seen mentioned

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just had JLR contact me directly about mine (been in since end of November).

They have no idea when the part will arrive and I have to go back to the dealer to hand in the Discovery I am loaning from them as they need it back. JLR are supplying me with a Velar instead. So for 3 month at the very least I'm still paying for a car that's worth 20K more than the Velar and it's costing 100 snots a week in fuel compared to the tenner in electric my IPACE costs.
A very disappointing final year of ownership on what was up 'til now the best car I've ever had. Pah!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Happy days, the theft alert triggered today and had a call from the tracking service, followed by the garage saying the new heater was in and they were fitting it, should have car back by end of this week after it going in in November. I had an iPace loan car with added pivipro head up display, but to be honest I like the in touch better and the lane control is a must on long journeys, be glad to get my car back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just before I departed for a 300 mile night time journey to London, for a wedding, mine advised of a software update that could be applied without affecting its use, so I applied it. Coincidentally or not, my heater packed up as well as the lane assist/self steering - it just drifted into an adjacent lane at any time on the motorway. Good job I was alert. Anyway spent a freezing 300 mile journey, compensated slightly by the seat and steering wheel heaters. Following morning engineer arrived, could not fix it. Needed to be towed to my nearest dealer - Farnell (Vertu) JLR in Leeds. They did offer to let me take it to a dealer many miles away in London, but I did not have the time as I needed to attend the wedding. So they towed away my car and arranged a hire car across the other side of London in Park Lane.

To cut a long story short I have had very little communication from the dealer. I have had to make the calls. Nearly a week since this happened and I have absolutely no idea when I will get it back. Called today and their receptionist said their service department are not answering and said they will call me back. Sure enough, they didn't. Shame on you Farnell VLR Leeds (Vertu). This is not good enough. I think the iPace is a fantastic car, but I am seriously thinking of getting rid based on this experience.

·
Registered
Ipace HSE 2020 MY
66 Posts
I had that lack of communication all the way through getting mine fixed and that was in Ipswich, I am beginning to think the service advisors are trained by Jaguar to be non proactive . Only way I knew my heater was being replaced was, like others, by a call from tracking asking if my car was ok.

81 - 100 of 170 Posts