Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
101 - 120 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My ipace has lost cabin heating. It's been recovered to my local dealer who told me today that the heater unit is on back order and my car will be off the road for 3-4 weeks. It sounds like there were lots of failures last winter, so bit of a joke that JLR didn't think to have some stocks ready for this winter.
I hope their 3 week wait is accurate, mine has been with them with same fault since November! Also the first loan ipace they gave me has also been recovered for the same fault. Clearly they have some major issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
An update, got the car back last week after it being in waiting for a new HV heater since November last year, one thing I have noticed with the new heater is how hot the car inside now gets, used to run internal temp at 22 to be comfortable, now good at 20.5, warms up real quick even on a cold morning if I have not used preconditioning

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like today I encountered the same issue with the heater. In the morning went to work and left my car in the parking, came back after 2 hours and found only cold air blowing instead of warm. No matter what temp. I set, it blows stable cold.
Previously enrolled to visit the dealer with a bunch of Software problems (my car does not automatically update from 2.0.8pax3 to 3.0.0), now will have a visit with +1 more serious problem. I hope they will conclude smth like SW issue, not replacing the hardware... ((

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sent a complaint to Jaguar customer service because this isn't the first time I have been without the car for an extended period. Completely ignored the points raised in a poorly worded, could care less, response. Quite shocked at the lack of customer service and quality of the reply. Just told me to contact the dealer for updates.

Still, at least they had enough of a sense of humour to send me a customer satisfaction survey about how my 'contact' was dealt with.

I realise some things are outside of people's control but a premium brand should have premium parts that are tested so that mass failure like this does not occur.

I am also assuming that the new version of this heater also has to be sent to the production lines too and I bet they get priority over replacement stock.

My dealer has given my no estimated time other than to tell me other vehicles in their position have been there over 3 weeks now.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I also had a contact with customer services which the support engineer didn't bother to read and waffled on about something completely different. She appeared a little bit miffed when I said I had no confidence in her ability to address the problem if shoe couldn't read the letter. I gave up at that point as they were obviously only paying lip service to addressing issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picked up my I Pace just before Christmas (MY22), heater lasted 7 days, now waiting on repair date, all parts on back order, at least I got given a Range Rover Velar as courtesy car, although I would prefer another I Pace. Just need to make the call on whether we hand the car back or not.
Ive got the same courtesy car, interestingly going to have fun when i present diesel receipts for payment, £70.00 a week!!! been 3 weeks already no date given on parts!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sent a complaint to Jaguar customer service because this isn't the first time I have been without the car for an extended period. Completely ignored the points raised in a poorly worded, could care less, response. Quite shocked at the lack of customer service and quality of the reply. Just told me to contact the dealer for updates.

Still, at least they had enough of a sense of humour to send me a customer satisfaction survey about how my 'contact' was dealt with.

I realise some things are outside of people's control but a premium brand should have premium parts that are tested so that mass failure like this does not occur.

I am also assuming that the new version of this heater also has to be sent to the production lines too and I bet they get priority over replacement stock.

My dealer has given my no estimated time other than to tell me other vehicles in their position have been there over 3 weeks now.
Listers in Droitwich have 4 in waiting, mine new Black Edition HSE Yulong white, lovely car sat in compound in Droitwich!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Update from my dealer today: JLR have informed dealers that all outstanding replacement parts orders for I-pace heater failures will be fulfilled by the end of the month. Here’s hoping 🤞

·
Registered
536 Posts
This part comes from a MY18-19, and seems to be manufactured by Webasto, not BorgWarner

Doc from Wesbato:

(include nice info like Heat output relative to operating voltage. ie. 7kw only with 300v+, or Coolant temperature vs time , coolant can reach 70c)

Service life is (according to Webasto datasheet) "15 years or 12.000 heating hours"

Can we say that all recent heater issues are mostly on MY21-22, and not on MY19-20 ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
This part comes from a MY18-19, and seems to be manufactured by Webasto, not BorgWarner

Doc from Wesbato:

(include nice info like Heat output relative to operating voltage. ie. 7kw only with 300v+, or Coolant temperature vs time , coolant can reach 70c)

Service life is (according to Webasto datasheet) "15 years or 12.000 heating hours"

Can we say that all recent heater issues are mostly on MY21-22, and not on MY19-20 ?
Have a MY22 we just took delivery on just under three weeks ago; 500 miles in and the heater is dead. Add us to the MY21-22 list...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I asked the Jag dealer which is currently awaiting for my MY21 Heater to be delivered whether further failure occurence is possible and he replied that "No way, Jag already knows about that, new heaters are without shortcomings"... We'll see anyway, still no info regarding felivery terms yet.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Well, mine was MY20 and had the heater replaced... It was BorgWagner, btw...
Was it replaced with the same component with the same issues? This feels like a ticking time bomb especially as the failure seems not to be correlated to usage.

Is the underlying problem a bad batch of components or an underlying design flaw?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Was it replaced with the same component with the same issues? This feels like a ticking time bomb especially as the failure seems not to be correlated to usage.

Is the underlying problem a bad batch of components or an underlying design flaw?
Yes, it was the same component, I don't think they are interchangeable. In my opinion, as this also happens with other car manufacturers (Kia, Porsche) , it's a design flaw...

101 - 120 of 170 Posts