Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Heater Failure

7K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Pjm1973 
#1 ·
Waited 8 months for car, arrived in Nov 21. First cold morning, heater packed up. Recovered by Jaguar Assist and returned to Jaguar. Am still waiting for it back, dealer cannot give me a date when that will be. What a pile of crap.

#4 ·
Same sorry story here. Dealer has no timescales and not communicating. Mobile Engineer said they're failing across all iPace's. I have the same sentiment. Coincidentally maybe the car applied a software update just before failure, advising it would not affect the car's use. Lane assist/Auto Steering failed too.

#5 ·
Having same problem, bought car from Listers Jaguar Droitwich, first week heater failure, sorted loan car Range Rover Velar, problem now is mileage i do just for work means £70.00 diesel a week. Waiting to see what they are going to do about bills! Spoke this morning and no one can give a date on parts. They have 4 I Paces at Droitwich waiting for parts!!!

#14 ·
Mine registered 29. Nov, heater failure 4. Dec, waiting since then. Latest rumors: 80 HV heating elements should be delivered to Austria soon … I am wondering, what are they doing at the production plant here in Austria? Production stopped, or are they installing faulty heaters?

#15 ·
i have laid claim ot the sorriest experience with I pace Car One 70 Plate I PACE SE was in repair shop shop more than on drive os when it eventually got sorted i had lost trust and upgraded to 21 Plate HSE thinking the problem would have been sorted in the later model. Drove it exactly 19 miles and got the dreaded " High Voltage Defect Detected" warning on screen but everythnig in car was working so drove it. Jag Assistance came out and after 2 hours work mostly in the dark he returned the fob and said he had arranged recovery as the car was completely dead. 21st December car taken away
and i was was issued with Range Rover Discovery with promise it would be changed for I Pace very soon. Jan 4th was advised by local dealership it was heater problems and part on back order with NO ETA. Feb 4th was advised that the back order parts are slowly being delivered in dribs and drabs. Feb 15th advised by dealership that even if they get the part they will not be allowed to fit it as most replacements have failed to solve the problem due to ongoing technical faults so production has been stopped.. Feb 22 Allocated I Pace to replace the Range Rover after two months wait. March 7th Heater failed in I Pace loan car and Jaguar Assistance technician advsied it has the same fault as my own car and several other I Paces. How many are a faulty is not being released but i assume that if I have had three duds laws of average indicate a vast number of I Pace cars have either failed already of being driven on borrowed time.

#18 ·
As far as I understand the HV heater heats the interior, temperature less than 20C, when the vehicle condition is "charging". When the vehicle condition is "driving" then the heat pump seems to be responsible for heating the interior.
Why are so many I-Paces kept off the road by JLR while waiting for the HV heater replacement parts?

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Screenshot

#21 ·
I don't know, but our MY'22 definitely had no heat at all in temps below 20C while driving.

After the heater died first week of February, our dealership just received our part to replace/install yesterday. Seems like they're getting them out in circulation now.
That was my understanding, the Heat Pump was used for heating the interior I asked the question about a month ago and didn’t get an answer.
My guess is when the HV heater malfunctions it also disables the heat pump.

unless someone else knows different!.

#22 ·
As far as I know: the heat pump takes heat from the engines and the battery and uses that for heating the interior. If there is no heat available, esp. at low outside temperatures, all the heating has to be provided by the hv heater element. For example at -10 degree C outside temperature, from where should the heat pump take the thermal energy to heat the interior? Should the engines or the battery cooled down further to heat the interior?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.