Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great to see an iPace forum where there's actually some activity and discussions.

I ordered my FE mid April and have a delivery date of end of October. This is fine for me as my current lease car is due to finish it's contract in December. I've ordered the FE with the standard 20 inch wheels, corris grey and oyster / ebony interior and headlining. After some discussion (pushing), I managed to get the homelink included as an accessory. Otherwise I would have needed to spec up a similar HSE which would have had 2 drawbacks - the HSE with similar spec is more expensive and the dealer was able to give a bigger discount on the FE as he can only discount the base price, not the options. I was previously very close to going with a Model X, but was happy when the iPace came along. From a lease perspective, the iPace is much more interesting. Even though it's only a bit cheaper, the combination of the better residual value on the jag and the jaguar care pack means that over 4 years, with a zero insurance excess, I can get it €200 cheaper per month than a Model X 75D over 5 years with a ridiculously high insurance excess. A Model X 100D was completely out of budget.

To be honest, the Model X was just too big. I currently drive a Range Rover Sport which is already big, however, the Model X is even longer which means that it doesn't even fit in my garage even though my RRS does. Even though the Model X is a great car, it's still missing a few things - quality is good, but not great, no surround camera for such a big car, even the premium sound system quality is questionable.

What I'm looking forward to is -

1) No visits to petrol stations.

2) Near silent driving.

3) Instant pull from stationary start (even though I'm not that into speed).

4) Being part of the future.

5) Considerably less company car tax than before.

6) Considerably lower fuel costs (although this will be negated by the expensive costs for installing a wall box).

What I'm not looking forward to is -

1) Worrying about what kind of charge I can expect based on 3 phase wiring at home.

2) Having a much smaller boot than it mentions in the brochure (doesn't look like it's going to be anywhere near the 638l mentioned in the brochure)

3) Dealing with all the questions about "how long does it take to charge" and "what is the range".

4) Googling every day to see if Ionity has opened any new charging stations yet :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello Luxembourg :D
I have also looked at Tesla in Nl. But than there was Jaguar! Today I ordered a Setec-power for home. With a 3x 16a AC input and a 10kw DC CCS output. I have also questions about the 1phase charger in the Jaguar. Now I don't have to worry anymore and can full charge in one night (7 hours from 10% to90%). So now waiting for October delivery date! ;) Let the Jaguar FE come as soon as possible!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi ABC1,

Which setec-charger did you order, and where? I am also from the Netherlands. Is there a reseller in the Netherlands?

(One-phase charging is far to slow for the i-pace.)

Kind regards,
Bart

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Bart,

I order Setec Power directly by the company in China (Tery) and payd also directly to China (in $ via normal euro bankaccount).
It's a 'portable' charger and it's a little bit expensive than a normal AC charger but now I don't have to worry anymore.

http://www.setec-power.com/china/10kw-ccs-combo-portable-charger.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ACB1,

Looks very interesting.

When they say this is portable, do you know exactly how it works? I guess at home, you just have it wired like any other wall-box, or does it work in conjunction with a 3 phase AC wall box? How does it then work on the road?

Also, do you have some pricing on this?

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
ACB1 said:
Hi Bart,

I order Setec Power directly by the company in China (Tery) and payd also directly to China (in $ via normal euro bankaccount).
It's a 'portable' charger and it's a little bit expensive than a normal AC charger but now I don't have to worry anymore.

http://www.setec-power.com/china/10kw-ccs-combo-portable-charger.
Hi ABC,

Did you have any troubles with importing it and did Setec or you arrange shipping. I received a quote (see attachment) from them of $2,650 for the unit and $275 for shipping to NL with TNT.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks very promising!

Few considerations:
- be prepared to pay import-tax / VAT (21%) on arrival?
- have or Create a 3-phase-wall-socket at home
- Yes, you can take it with you, but I suppose it will only be usefull at home, as nearly nobody does have a 3-phase wall-socket at home (except some companies, and you and I, i suppose..)

·
Registered
54 Posts
- Same PI received from Setec Power and I ordered just yesterday (and payd; (total incl. shipping $ 2.720). So hope that shipping is going right.
- The VAT you have to pay to DHL/TNT/FEDEX and claim in back on the VAT form (if you are a company).
- I have in my garage a 3-phase wall-socket. You have to make a CEE 16 socket on the charger.
- The charger works also at 1 phase as specified in the technical report. So you can buy a 'verloop' from normal 240V to CEE16 adapter:

https://s.s-bol.com/imgbase0/imagebase3/large/FC/3/1/9/3/9200000075363913.jpg

I let you know when a will received it!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ACB1,

Looks like this could be a good option and very brave of you to take the leap of faith. Will be very interested to see how it works out for you. Have you planned to already have a demo car from your dealer to test it on?

I also really wonder why Jaguar don't come up with a similar solution.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks,

I have faith in the company. (I Hope). Today I get a mail that the production is started and they ask the Voltage (400V) input and my Phone number.
So it looks good.

No I do not have a test drive planned yet!

When I order the Jaguar the dealer didn't know the solution of a AC=>DC (CCS) charger/convertor. I told it to the dealer ;) :lol:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
ACB1 said:
- Same PI received from Setec Power and I ordered just yesterday (and payd; (total incl. shipping $ 2.720). So hope that shipping is going right.
- The VAT you have to pay to DHL/TNT/FEDEX and claim in back on the VAT form (if you are a company).
- I have in my garage a 3-phase wall-socket. You have to make a CEE 16 socket on the charger.
- The charger works also at 1 phase as specified in the technical report. So you can buy a 'verloop' from normal 240V to CEE16 adapter:
https://s.s-bol.com/imgbase0/imagebase3/large/FC/3/1/9/3/9200000075363913.jpg
I let you know when a will received it!
Interesting info (you got a better deal then me with $2,720 vs $2,925) but also enough for me to first wait & see if needed because as a private person it starts to become expensive. The VAT for me would be approx €500 and the extra cost for the CEE 16 socket and charger itself. For daily commute I do not need it just in case there is lot of weekend travel maybe but there are 3 50kw DC chargers within 20km range if really needed.

The 1 phase function seems a bit odd as then you might as well plug the 1 phase directly into the car's AC charger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts