Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have taken the plunge on my new company car - an I-Pace First Edition in Corris Grey with oyster interior.

It was great (having had BMWs and Mercedes) to not have to wade through the options list.

Who knows if I will regret the decision. I have probably gone a year too soon given the BIK changes not happening until 2020 but over the 3 year life it will cost me the same as my top spec C350e does now.

What I do know is that is a stunning car. I now have to persuade my local dealer to let me have a test drive! Yep, ordered without a test.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi,

Welcome on this forum. I am also drving a Mercedes C350e at this moment (also a great car BTW) and ordered the I Pace without a test drive. However, I drove last saturday and for me it was a great ride. So I don't think you will regret this :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
My i-Pace is also an FE in Corris but I've gone for black interior. Had the luxury of a test drive too and I am so looking forward to taking delivery now.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Almost same for me. I ve an A3 etron for 3.5 years and ordered I pace FE but photon red with oiester interior.
When did u order and when is your delivery ?
I ll have test drive and news about my delivery next Saturday.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ordered on 20th August and was told by the salesman that their dealership had 2 build slots allocated to them, which were in late September for October delivery and November for a December delivery.

Initially ordered a highly specced SE, but once we considered the build and when it would be delivered, my wife wanted rear heated seats and climate adding, because we have a 3 month old child, so when we go out together, she's in the back with them. I also didn't realise that there was no lumbar support on the SE seats, so had to upgrade to 18-way electric ones.

Add all this in and it made sense just to pay a little more and get a fully loaded car!!

Loved my time in the e-tron, but hate the direction Audi are now taking and their design language really annoys me too. Glad to be leaving them - Audi drivers don't have the best of reputations in the UK!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
What I do know is that is a stunning car. I now have to persuade my local dealer to let me have a test drive! Yep, ordered without a test.
[/quote]

Many around here (including myself) have ordered without test drive.

Since then, did a test drive and after having hesitated canceling my order due to anticipated « low highway » range, I'm looking forward to the delivery (build end of Sep del 1 month later).

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
ricardoyak said:
Max69 said:
Many around here (including myself) have ordered without test drive.

Since then, did a test drive and after having hesitated canceling my order due to anticipated « low highway » range, I'm looking forward to the delivery (build end of Sep del 1 month later).
It is a lot of first for me - first BEV, first real premium car, first ordered without seeing it and obviously test driving. I placed my order even ahead of the press event in Portugal. Some ordered their car even before the official reveal in March.

So far the main negative is the endless wait before it is mine and I can drive it whenever I want. Only 10 more weeks :( :cry: ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.