Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

i've been watching EVs off and on since the early 90's.
Was quite excited by AC propulsions T-Zero, Pheonix motors SUVs etc, but nothing really took traction until Teslas roadster, despite many hobbyists DIY projects.

Of course the Roadster price was way beyond anything I could imagine owning , waiting with baited breath for the Model S, still no luck price wise.
Recently there has been a surge in EV's , BEVS and PHEVS, some are almost meet my requirements, but the Tesla Model 3 is the closest, for price and range. Not keen on al the gadgetry though, I don't think this is required to push the move from ICE to EV, in fact it slows it down due to the higher price threshold.

So what about the I-Pace, its still a high price £50k-£60k, so I've heard so far.
The range is reasonable, the interior is the best I've seen on any EV, the ride height might be better for my poorly knees:).
I don't have a mortgage to pay any more but I do have kids to get through University, decisions, decisions......

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Welcome along, Model 3 is going to make or break Tesla, will be interesting to see if they manage to switch up to mass production. It's certainly seems to have taken the world by storm, will have to see if all those deposits turn into actual orders once the car is released.

You have hit on something though, crossovers are where it's at right now, the world has gone mad for them so I think Jaguar are on the right track launching an EUV (Is that a term yet?)

Hopefully we'll have some more information over the coming months...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rob,

Re the crossover situation, I commute between Stanstead area and Cambridge daily so having a large vehicle with poor MPG wouldn't be cost effective.
I currently drive a Fiat 500 for that trip, with an S-Max for family and long range trips.
I would love to have the comfort that the SUV/Crossover would provide, so maybe the I-Pace is the vehicle to remove the cost and the guilt :)

Dec

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like Finlay I've finally succumbed and put my reservation fee on an I-Pace, last Monday actually.
We'll see where it fits in price/options wise before I commit.

Dec

1 - 4 of 4 Posts