Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, only had my Ipace for 28 days, just blowing cold air, road side recovery arrived and the man said they had a meeting yesterday about how this fault is happening all of the time. I’ve been told 3-4 weeks until it can be fixed. If this problem is so bad with these cars what’s the chances of it going wrong again with the new one they fit? Anyone had it go wrong twice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my Jaguar iPace on the 6th Dec 21, the heater packed up on the 29th Dec and it’s also on the back order. In fact this is what Jaguars reply was “ I’ve had words this afternoon with the Workshop Manager and Parts Manager and the latest official guidance they have had from the parts suppliers are, the issue of heater supplies is already escalated to the highest possible level it can be on a national basis.

However, they have said there is no stock located anywhere in the country, whether this is dealers, storage warehouses etc. They are still saying there is no current ETA for the stock to enter the country so unfortunately at the present time the issue remains unfixable.

I know this is not what you want to hear and once again from my personal point of view, I am so sorry you are experiencing this with your new car but it all comes down to in the end the worldwide problem of semi-conductor shortage which is the exact same problem behind the lack of brand new cars being built.”

The frustrating thing is that this is a known ongoing issue but they’re still selling iPace’s. Sales should stop until this issue is sorted, especially as there is a shortage of chips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, mine has twice failed. Just got it back for the second time, dropped off 29th November so took nearly two months for part and replacement. Virtually zero contact in this time. Actually this is the third time it’s been off the road as parking sensors also failed. Essentially I now drive either a Range Rover, Discovery and occasionally the ipace I bought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Been 2 weeks and not heard anything, someone from Jag in Cardiff was going to phone last week and didn’t, not holding out much hope of a quick fix reading peoples experiences on here. Only EV curtesy car I could get was a Nissan Leaf, lovely little car but less than half the range of the Ipace.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just posted this on the other thread about the heater issue but thought you might be interested too:-

Just had a call from my dealer to tell me the all outstanding parts orders have been cancelled as the heaters have been re-called and they are now awaiting new parts information.

There is no news on what the replacement will be but I thought that they had already replaced the faulty unit with a new version, clearly not.

This means even longer delays, mine has been sitting in the dealership for a month now :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the update. Also just got off the phone to dealer and they are telling me that the latest communication they have had from Jag is that all parts will be delivered in next two to four weeks to clear their back orders. Who’s knows what’s really going on, it’s doesn’t sound like they do!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a further update as follows:
Apparently, the heating element that is at fault in your car as well as others has been replaced by Jaguar with a new design of heating element for which there was a waiting time of 6 - 8 weeks.

Jaguar has advised however that faults have now been found with this new heating element so they have had to stop production of it and they are currently working on a new solution.

No lead time has been issued as of yet whilst they work their way through this.
I took delivery of my car on the 6th Dec, the heating element packed up on the 29th Dec, I took a loan car on the 12th Jan and it looks like the earliest I’ll get my car back is mid-April onwards. I’m afraid “Bally24” 2-4 weeks sounds rather optimistic

I keep asking myself, why didn’t I go for a Tesla, at least they’ve got the infrastructure and support

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm another victim of the heater fail. In mid March failed, collected by Jaguar (AA) who said it was a known fault. My dealership have confirmed this 'surprise, surprise' and yet all i get from them is 'its on back order'. This is my second fault with an iPace and this issue now on nearly 4 weeks, the first issue much longer.
I struggle to understand why Jaguar cannot at least give them a date the parts will arrive or even be made??? Or why UK wouldn't stock a part that is known to fail...

·
Registered
66 Posts
The questions would be better asked of the supplier Webasto but Jaguar should already asking them and be pressing them for replacement units, better built parts, and better quality control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts