Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently trying to reject my leased iPace due to 8 breakdowns since New on Sep 2019. Breakdowns have been flat 12v batteries, charging not starting, unable to release charge cable, and this latest high voltage system fault detected when trying to rapid charge. AC charge is ok.

the dealer have had my car for 1 month so far for this fault.

Financial ombudsman are trying to help me as the car clearly isn’t fit for purpose or of sufficient quality.

However just wondering if anyones had the high voltage error fixed with the cause known?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Krisbean - I had that issue it was due to a fault in one of the camera's ... it was draining the 12volt battery which in turn was causing a fault ... which the car would shut down completely this was on any level 2 or 3 charger ... my dealership in the US ... had my car for over 3 months before they found out it was a faulty camera draining the 12volt battery ... the second issue I had was with TCU update was needed with the Jaguar ... the dealership could not figure this one out ... I called Jaguar USA explained the problem and they let me know that my system updates over the air were cut-off since I was so far behind in updates ... took it in told them what Jaguar USA found out ... the car was updated... once updated they found 3 faulty relays and replaced them ... now everything is working great ... before the TCU and other updates ... several level 2 and 3 charging stations would not work with my car ... they would never handshake correctly ... now I am not seeing that issue ...

Those would be some of my suggestions ... hope it helps you out ... Tony C.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had the high voltage fault a couple of times in 3 years - I believe it can be caused by poor earthing or the charger. Driving the vehicle fixed the issue. I've also had the cable release issue once - I just pulled the manual chord to release. Although a bit disconcerting at the time, I don't think it is a huge cause for concern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts