Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has already been asked/answered, but I couldn't find a post on it. I'm expecting my car to be delivered March/April time next year. Just looking at all the different options for home charging points they all offer the £500 government grant but it isn't clear what you have to provide as evidence of having a suitable car to get this money off.
At some point I'll get a build date and hopefully delivery date from the lease company, will this be sufficient?
I'm tempted by the Zappi solution as I have solar panels, but also interested in other people's thoughts. Cheers.

G

·
I am also about to have a Zappi installed for similar reasons. As far as I can tell from their website, the installer does not need any proof that one actually has a car...but maybe others will have wise advice to offer

·
Registered
454 Posts
Having gone round the loop of alternatives, I'm back to the default Chargemaster as recommended by Jaguar in the first place. I don't have solar panels.

But hold off, Vorix, as to qualify for the £500 OLEV grant, you need to install no more than 4 months before taking delivery of the car. As your unit will have a 3-yr warranty, you might as well get it installed as late as possible before you pick up your car. Choose your supplier, get your quote, and book your install date.
The installer will sort the paperwork for the OLEV grant. I have an order form, but I assume any bit of paper from your lease co. That shows you will be the registered keeper from X date will do.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have an Open EVSE from the USA plus cabling from EV Cables. Co.uk. sufficient to cope with 7 Kw it charges at
It cost less than the grant, has WiFi connectivity and you build the charger unit which was great fun.
Although it is American it is also suitable for 230 volt 50Hz

Indus Silver HSE 20" alloys plus pano roof and most other options . Arriving 25th January

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Vorix said:
Apologies if this has already been asked/answered, but I couldn't find a post on it. I'm expecting my car to be delivered March/April time next year. Just looking at all the different options for home charging points they all offer the £500 government grant but it isn't clear what you have to provide as evidence of having a suitable car to get this money off.
At some point I'll get a build date and hopefully delivery date from the lease company, will this be sufficient?
I'm tempted by the Zappi solution as I have solar panels, but also interested in other people's thoughts. Cheers.
Hi Vorix. You will need to supply your dealer order form with your name and home address and photo proof that you have off street parking or a garage.
This is what chargemaster required to submit the £500 discount form to OLEV.
They also need to know where your power source meter and fuse box is located, whether it is 60, 80 or 100A and where you want the box located.
Zappi May be different but I'd imagine the proof of order with name and address is obligated as a minimum.
Good luck !

·
Registered
122 Posts
I sent a number of photos along with the form. Chargemaster installed a couple of weeks before the Ipace arrived. I haven't had to send any info to OLEV as it's all gone via Chargemaster.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
POR991 said:
Jaguar recommends Chargemaster and Pod Point, does anyone here have any thoughts on which is better for a 7kW installation?
I have had a PodPoint home charger for 18 months.
My only criticism is that the WiFi server seems to be a total waste of time. They promised a Phone App to control the charging but so far this has not materialised.
Other than that, it does what it says on the tin.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have just had a podpoint installed.

I liked the professional web site and easy access to all technical documentation before I ordered (unlike Chargemaster who hide it). All my dealings (by telephone and web) were efficient and helpful. I like the fact installation was done by Podpoint direct employees rather than a subcontractor.

I Iike the APP which gives me a record of charging times and kWh that I have used - very interesting in combination with the Jaguar in control APP charging information.

My primary reason for choosing podpoint though was the design - the tethered cable wraps neatly round the circle, and I think it looks very smart.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I too went for Pod-Point as I found their website intuitive, found the terms and conditions clear and easy to find and I spoke to them several times before finalising matters and found them very helpful.
I was also told they can downgrade from 7kwh charging to 3.5kwh, if your supply is struggling to meet the demand of 7kwh charging. This can be reversed remotely, according to those I spoke to at Pod-Point.
I have had to have my supply at home upgraded, which has meant I am waiting for the Home charger to be installed in a coupe of weeks time.
All I need then is my car 🙄

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've just heard today that I may be getting the car as early as January. I've received all the finance agreements today to sign and return and it seems that this will act as proof of purchase to get the OLEV grant. Going to do a bit more research and will look at the Podpoint. Thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just wondering has anyone received a quote for the supply and fit of a Zappi charger? I've just been given a quote of £1420 not including the OLEV grant.

Seems very high to me considering the unit itself is only around £500.

·
Registered
281 Posts
£756 not including OLEV grant; this includes a Harvi device and VAT. There will be some variation based on the specifics of your location (i.e. where the electricity supply equipment resides vs the location of the charger), but even so, £1420 seems *cough* a little steep.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had a quote of £1,100 from The Little Green Energy Company and an 'average' of about £950 from an independent electrician. Balkar and Paul J, would you mind sharing the names of the companies you got quotes from? Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Our son brought his Tesla round this evening to test my newly installed Open EVSE charger.
Switched on to 7 Kw no problem . At least it means I built it ok!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts