Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me:
  1. Will the I-Pace run its cooling system to cool the battery while parked off-charger in a (very) hot parking lot, as Teslas will do, in order to forestall heat-induced battery degradation? I will have to leave the car in an unshaded parking lot in Texas for most of a working day, with summer temperatures routinely exceeding 100F (38C). I don't mind using some battery power if it's going to keep the battery in better condition, long-term.
  2. Will the I-Pace have anything similar to Tesla's "Cabin Overheat Protection" feature, where cabin temperatures are automatically maintained below 105F (40.5C) while parked? This is a safety feature to help prevent deaths of children and pets accidentally left in the car, but which I'm sure also helps with the longevity of cabin electronics and materials in hot climates.
  3. I've test-driven the Tesla Model 3, and its roof is impressively dark, even in Texas sun - so much so that occupants are effectively in shade. But to satisfy even the most sensitive drivers, Tesla offers an additional pop-in fabric sunshade for the front roof panel. My impression from online videos, etc., is that the I-Pace's glass roof is not as dark as the Model 3's, so I speculate that it might be a bit more glarey. Can anyone comment? Also, is there any word of a pop-in fabric sunshade for the I-Pace? (This might be problematical, due to the size of the single roof panel, I would expect.)

Thanks!

G

·
Those sound like good questions for your dealer - did you get any responses? It seems you have got the information that you were seeking from Tesla regarding the Model 3

G

·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.