Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I would like to update my navigation system. When I press check update. It's saying there is one available and that I need to go to jaguar.com. But no way to update it. Any clue how to do that?

I have:

- a sim card installed
- settings configured so it's allowed to update trough sim (not only WiFi)
- and a logged in ipace account.

Rectangle Gadget Font Display device Technology

Or does this mean that I need to visit that url in the ipace browser? I didn't try for that yet...

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmm, i did make some progress. Parentally you can download the maps and then update it with an USB stick. (long time I used that one ;) ).
But feels like this is not the common way. I have 4g and wifi in the car, why do I need to do it this way.

Also in settings its saying `enable maps update trough simcard` so definitely it should be possible. But this will work for now....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did you got this to work Flip ? I had the same message but ignored it after i visited the url and could not find any related content / instructions there

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the url they mention is wrong.... I did make some progress with this url: https://jaguar.here.com/
I only problem now, who on earth is still having USB disks. Especially this big....

I am still not 100% sure this is the right track... but if I have it updated for my trip I am more then happy.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Software Multimedia

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mclarenpaul said:
I checked mine tonight and it said they're already up to date.
Probably you collected your iPace a bid later. Mine is from Oktober. Should not be a big change. But already noticed some outdated roads, so would be nice If I could update those....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine is saying there's an update available, and I log on to www.jaguar.here.com and head to "maps & services" then "get latest version" then "download map" then it loads the "InControl Touch Pro Map Downloader" .... and nothing happens. I've raised it with my dealer but no advice on how I get past this. I've deleted and re-installed the program, but still no progress. Frustrating.... and added to the way it chews through data on my Ubigi tariff, I'm not currently seeing the Jaguar mapping as much use at all :-(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Skyjockey99 said:
Mine is saying there's an update available, and I log on to www.jaguar.here.com and head to "maps & services" then "get latest version" then "download map" then it loads the "InControl Touch Pro Map Downloader" .... and nothing happens. I've raised it with my dealer but no advice on how I get past this. I've deleted and re-installed the program, but still no progress. Frustrating.... and added to the way it chews through data on my Ubigi tariff, I'm not currently seeing the Jaguar mapping as much use at all :-(
You first have to install the program "InControl Touch Pro Map Downloader" . If it doesn't download thats probably because a virus scan is blocking the download. After that you have to click on it again. Then it is opening the program and asking for an USB. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
25Go ! Will take me one day to download ...
I understand why it's not possible with simcard.
U have to download all Europe and Russia, can't choose countries.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Done mine this evening, thanks to Skyjockey99 posting the correct link!

(When looking at this on the web browser built into the I-Pace, I couldn't even type in the incorrect URL, because I couldn't find a way of entering a '/' symbol!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for posting the correct URL!

I tried this, created an account and logged in successfully, however when I register my vehicle in the InControl Navigation account, by entering the VIN number, it goes to a web page that indicates I have to go to my i-Pace, log in using the same login credentials into the nav application, and start a trip. Then go back to the webpage, go to maps & services, and the downloads should be shown. However in my case, my vehicle then turns out still not to be registered in the account. I tried this sequence over and over again, resetting cookies, using PC and Mac, multiple different browsers, without success. I also called Here in Eindhoven but they can not assist, they say I have to call the NSO Jaguar Land Rover Netherlands (even while the maps update website is in the here.com domain...). Anyone recognises this?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Didn't work with opera but worked with Edge.
Only problem is that u can't change the destination of downloaded maps. So u must have at least 25 free Go on your system disk ... Old school. Another not very well designed app development ...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Tophe74 said:
Didn't work with opera but worked with Edge.
Only problem is that u can't change the destination of downloaded maps. So u must have at least 25 free Go on your system disk ... Old school. Another not very well designed app development ...
Updating Maps on other systems is also a PITA. TomTom finally got their act together and made a MacOS App that actually works. The 'Here' maps in my Outlander can't be updated or rather there is no method of doing short of paying the dealer to do it. Later Years solved that but I'd be blowed if I was going to pay £180 for the update and two hours of Labor at the dealer when I can buy a whole SatNav with lifetime updates for less than the cost of one year of Here updates.

As a former software developer there are times when I despair at the stupidity of some Software Systems. 'Spock' would just say... It is Illogical Jim.

I look forward (not) to investigating the labyrinth of the I-Pace system. I might just cop out and use my TomTom. At least I can load routes into it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My car was at the dealer for 3 days (!). And I don't own a usb stick anymore, so I had them do it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have done a update of the system three weeks ago.
You have to go to : https://www.jaguar.com/incontrol-global/incontrol-user-guide/Incontrol-map-updates.html
It has to be on a PC and scroll down and select Touch Pro and Touch Pro Duo, then you have to login with Incontrol ID and password, then down to the right and find the link to download new maps.

Then you need a good USB stick to ut the maps on.
It took me some time because the system told me there was not enough space on the stick.
It needs to be a FAT 32 formatted stick, I had a 30 GB wich had 28 GB free space and the maps are app. 25 GB.
But, finally, it worked.
Then, at 10 o clock, I put the stick in the car (Mid console) and nothing happened.
After 2 charges and 450 km, at app 21.30 , the screen with the question :"do you want to update your maps" appeared.
After 20 minutes it was finished.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just tried it on a PC with Edge browser. Then it worked, finally my vehicle VIN was added to my InControl MapUpdates account and the list of downloads appeared.

When the download popup appeared for the InControl MapUpdate Download tool, a Mac OS X option appeared as well! So now it turns out that it also DOES work on a Mac. Just tried it on my Mac in Safari browser and now all of a sudden, same thing: VIN registered correctly now and the right webpage with download options appears.

So it seems maybe it was just that the InControl Here MapUpdate servers were too busy last week?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Last week I got a message on screen telling me that there was a new (quarterly) update for the Maps and giving a URL to download it. The URL is incorrect and it took a bit of finding - you have to log into your InControl account in order to get it. You can also download instructions View attachment Navigation Update Instructions ENG.pdf but they are not tailored for the I-Pace because it says that you have to have the engine running whilst uploading the file and that takes about 30 minutes!

I have reasonably fast broadband but it still took about 2 hours to download the files onto an empty 32GB USB stick. This morning I had to undertake a 30-minute journey, so I followed the instructions and plugged the USB stick in as I set off. The files appeared to have transferred within about 15 minutes but there was no confirmation of completion or success.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.