Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an i-pace that has Pivi-Pro so other than relying on a sales persons info, how can I tell by looking at the car infotainment system that it has pivi-pro installed and not Touch Pro Duo?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It looks modern and contemporary rather than like a 90s Nokia.

Google the screens they are very different it's totally obvious.

Reactions: SteveReeves

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
1 camera ‘V’ in the windscreen/ mirror mounting. Touch pro used 2 cameras.
MY22 and beyond had 2 cameras too so this is not a distinguishing feature.

Reactions: Fluff

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I don’t think MY22 model has 2 Camera’s?
It does MY22 and beyond returned to the 2 front cameras of the MY20 and before and returned Steer assist and park assist as I understood it.

·
Registered
2021 HSE
54 Posts
The most reliable thing I did when looking for mine was check if it supports 11kw AC charging - the MY21s and newer support 11kw AC charging, whereas all the older cars only support 7kw. Pivi Pro was introduced at the same time as the 11kw charging module so you can't have one without the other. Weirdly with all the options the sales guys got wrong or missed, the charging speed was the reliable stat they listed for all the cars. This was all with official JLR dealers though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Another thing that was introduced on MY21 was 40/20/40 rear folding seats. Older MY have 40/60. So, if the car has 40/20/40 it also has Pivi Pro

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The most reliable thing I did when looking for mine was check if it supports 11kw AC charging - the MY21s and newer support 11kw AC charging, whereas all the older cars only support 7kw. Pivi Pro was introduced at the same time as the 11kw charging module so you can't have one without the other. Weirdly with all the options the sales guys got wrong or missed, the charging speed was the reliable stat they listed for all the cars. This was all with official JLR dealers though.
Yes that's my concern, whether I'm getting the correct info from a non JLR dealer.

Incidentally, how can I tell if the car supports 11kw charging?

·
Registered
2021 HSE
54 Posts
Incidentally, how can I tell if the car supports 11kw charging?
The MY21s have an eject button which is a rubber covered button down and to the right of the charging port, under the flap. That's the release button to unlock the charging cable which I don't believe the older models have (I know the 2019s didn't have it and believe it was added in the MY21 upgrade).

Eg - older 7kw model - no button lower right:
Hood Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

11kw port has the small, round button lower right:

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

As an aside I thought I'd care about 11kw charging, but since getting my car in January I've never used an 11kw charger. I either use the 7kw unit at home (my house doesn't have 3 phase power so I'm capped at 7kw), or use fast chargers which are DC and between 50 and 110kw speeds unchanged by the support of 11kw AC or not. Still, if you want Pivi Pro you get it anyways which isn't a bad thing :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lots of handy tips. Thanks for all your help guy's :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Agree on the 11kwh charging in 2 years I have never used this.

Other identifying features are the sliver highlighted grill (standard after MY21 but may have been despecced for black) and clearsight rear view mirrors. If either of these 2 features are present on the car it's going to be after MY21.

Pivi is easy to spot though the minute you turn on the car or get the dealer to take a pic of it. It's a very different interface.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts