Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a random musing and I wondered if anyone has any experience. My cats frequently lie under my car, and the sound of the engine starting causes them to run away. Obviously a BEV doesn't have this "starting up" sound. Does anyone have experience with cats and their I-Pace? Is the door closing enough? Or will I have to do a full sweep before getting in?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a cat. If I get home with my I-Pace she walks away and if she is lying under my car, the sound of unlocking and opening the door is enough reason to get out of the way. Furthermore the car makes a little sound when moving at very low speed in order to warn pedestrians (or cats).

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. That one has been nagging at the back of my brain for a while now. I know about the low speed noise, but as that obviously doesn't start until you're moving, I wasn't sure how effective it would be for a cat lying under the car. Comforting to hear some first hand experience.

The things that keep my mind occupied while waiting for delivery!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Goshdarnit said:
Thanks for that. That one has been nagging at the back of my brain for a while now. I know about the low speed noise, but as that obviously doesn't start until you're moving, I wasn't sure how effective it would be for a cat lying under the car. Comforting to hear some first hand experience.

Well just to be sure, just press the horn prior to the putting your foot on the power pedal. Your neighbours will love you for it certainly if you leave for work every day at 5am :lol:

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jelle v/d Meer said:
Goshdarnit said:

Well just to be sure, just press the horn prior to the putting your foot on the power pedal. Your neighbours will love you for it certainly if you leave for work every day at 5am :lol:
Great advice. Thanks. I regularly set off at 5:30 am, so on behalf of my cats and my neighbours, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts