Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is an old topic and it is not unique to the I-Pace but is part and parcel of any EV ownership. I have only had my I-Pace 2.5 weeks but during that time I have had opportunity to test my actual real world use vs what the GOM indicates at 100% SoC. For reference I use my I-Pace 100% on roads, mostly mixed driving with 50/50 B roads and motorways/dual carriageways.

Spec is HSE with 20" alloys and stock coil suspension.

I picked the I-Pace up with just over 250 miles of range and 97% SoC. The girl who was doing the handover suggested never charging to 100%, or the car does not do full regen. I never really checked actual real world range as I was just getting to know the car.

At the start of this week (Monday 13th) I charged the car to 100% to compare what the GOM suggests at full charge and I was given a predicted range of 263 miles. This was higher than I have been expecting from an I-Pace and was pleasantly surprised.

Since Monday I have driven 22 journeys ranging from 0.8 miles up to 42.4 miles. Of these 22 journeys 16 were under 10 miles and none had preconditioning. The car was used from mild to moderate temperatures in various weathers and aircon was used only when needed.

Best efficiency I got was 241 Wh/mi (4.15 mi/kWh) over a 23 mile journey, at an average speed of 34 mph on mostly B roads.

Total miles for all journeys was 165.1 miles at combined avg speed of 27mph and the range on the GoM is now at 82 miles. So if we extrapolate form this data I am getting 0.91 real world miles for every 1 mile of predicted range. That would be a total of ~240 miles from 100% SoC over the course of 5 days. This loss of 23 miles is perfectly reasonable, given that the GOM at 100% SoC is only a predicted range for one non stop journey. And even then only if you drive in the way you have been driving for the past number of journeys. Not for multiple short/medium journeys.

If I were to drive form 100% to 0% in these conditions I would be driving for almost 10 hours straight :)

Just some food for thought on any EV owner, or someone contemplating one. The GoM (Guess O Meter) is very much a best case scenario only. If you expect all your journeys to add up to what the GoM said at 100% SoC, then you have unrealistic expectations. 240 miles between charges in a mild summer is more than most people need for normal use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old topic and it is not unique to the I-Pace but is part and parcel of any EV ownership. I have only had my I-Pace 2.5 weeks but during that time I have had opportunity to test my actual real world use vs what the GOM indicates at 100% SoC. For reference I use my I-Pace 100% on roads, mostly mixed driving with 50/50 B roads and motorways/dual carriageways.

I picked the I-Pace up with just over 250 miles of range and 97% SoC. The girl who was doing the handover suggested never charging to 100%, or the car does not do full regen. I never really checked actual real world range as I was just getting to know the car.

At the start of this week (Monday 13th) I charged the car to 100% to compare what the GOM suggests at full charge and I was given a predicted range of 263 miles. This was higher than I have been expecting from an I-Pace and was pleasantly surprised.

Since Monday I have driven 22 journeys ranging from 0.8 miles up to 42.4 miles. Of these 22 journeys 16 were under 10 miles and none had preconditioning. The car was used from mild to moderate temperatures in various weathers and aircon was used only when needed.

Best efficiency I got was 241 Wh/mi (4.15 mi/kWh) over a 23 mile journey, at an average speed of 34 mph on mostly B roads.

Total miles for all journeys was 165.1 miles at combined avg speed of 27mph and the range on the GoM is now at 82 miles. So if we extrapolate form this data I am getting 0.91 real world miles for every 1 mile of predicted range. That would be a total of ~240 miles from 100% SoC over the course of 5 days. This loss of 23 miles is perfectly reasonable, given that the GOM at 100% SoC is only a predicted range for one non stop journey. And even then only if you drive in the way you have been driving for the past number of journeys. Not for multiple short/medium journeys.

If I were to drive form 100% to 0% in these conditions I would be driving for almost 10 hours straight :)

Just some food for thought on any EV owner, or someone contemplating one. The GoM (Guess O Meter) is very much a best case scenario only. If you expect all your journeys to add up to what the GoM said at 100% SoC, then you have unrealistic expectations. 240 miles between charges in a mild summer is more than most people need for normal use.

Besides all GoM's I sometimes charge to 100 % and set the milage to zero ! Over the day I add milage
plus remaining range - if the result corresponds with the prediced range I feel save that I can rely on the
system !

the

1 - 5 of 5 Posts