Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a mall this weekend and saw the Tesla line up. The Tesla X is a large SUV, yet doesn't have a great deal of luggage space in even a 5 seat configuration. Getting a little concerned about the dimensions of the I-Pace :

Tesla X Length 5037mm
I-Pace Length 4680 mm

Tesla Width 2271 mm
I-Pace Width 1890 mm

Tesla Height 1684 mm
I-Pace Height 1560 mm

So the I-Pace is probably wide enough, but loses over a foot in length and over 2 1/2" in height to the Tesla. I guess we're not talking like for like here after all. They say over 530 litres of luggage space but even that is limiting. I guess the interior space is going to be its selling point, but having a hatchback sized boot isn't going to go down well everywhere.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think the width isn't a like for like figure; the Tesla X width quoted is for the mirrors out, it drops to 1,999 mm with them folded.

For comparison:

F-pace dimensions: 4,731 mm L x 1,936 mm W x 1,667 mm H

E-pace dimensions: 4,411 mm L x 1,900 mm W x 1,649 mm H

Range Rover dimensions: 5,000 mm L x 1,983 mm W x 1,926 - 1,944 mm H

G

·
I always thought the I-Pace would be smaller than the Model X, and assumed it would be closer to the E-Pace than the F-Pace.

As you don't have a transmission tunnel so even if as small as the E it would feel more like an F inside.

However as it turns out it's a lot closer to the F-Pace than the E ... so I'm very happy.

The biggest issue with the boot will be the slopped rear window, it's one reason I didn't buy a Lexus RX over the F-Pace, however my needs have changed now and no real need for pushchairs etc....

As the car will be cheaper than a Model X people will understand if it's smaller.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hadn't even figured in the sloping roof. Its substantially less overall than the F-Pace and the Model X, and longer but lower than an E-Pace, which is not even a medium SUV! At least I suppose you sit lower than either.
This is not a big SUV - less than a Qashqai even.
I might be back to a Velar if the packaging is less than a hatchback. At the very least it has to carry three suitcases to the airport..

G

·
I wouldn't look at the I-Pace as an SUV ... I know that's how they are marketing it, but it's more of a raised hatchback.

It's like a lot of companies, they take a successful platform and just do a raised version, and sack SUV on it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We should not compare the IPace with tesla Model X.
The IPace should be somewhere between Tesla's Model 3 and Model S.
I expect that the Model S has more luggage space then the Ipace!

We will know more soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts