Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a HSE i-Pace order that was built on the 10th September yet has still not been put on a boat to the UK dealer (Guy Salmon).

For several weeks now I've checked for an update and each week the anticipated date to the dealer (At Retailer and and Retailed in Vista 2 speak) is bumped forward in time by another week.

The dealer tells me this is due to software updates.

VISTA 2
On Ship (o) <--- Where the car is stuck (Arrived at port of exit).
Build Market Distribution 11/09/2018
Built 10/09/2018
Committed To Build 24/08/2018

While I've never ordered a new Jaguar before, I'm keen to hear if anyone else is experiencing this for an i-Pace order? It feels like a lengthy period of time to be sitting in supply limbo?

All the best.

·
Registered
478 Posts
My F-Pace was built and at the factory (Solihull) and "disappeared" for several weeks. Nobody could help me find it or come up with a reason. I suspect that because it was an unusual 3L Petrol there was a part missing but I was never able to find out. One day it just turned up on a transporter at the dealer without warning.

I have spent the last 3 months trying to find out why my I-Pace HSE ordered in the first week of March has been delayed until December whilst my neighbour who ordered an FE in the same week has had his for more than 2 weeks.

It exposes the real weakness of the company (we all tend to think of it being the Infotainment system software) but their production control and order management system is awful - I have countless emails and messages from the Jaguar Experience Centre promising a response within 3 days but all they do is say they will get back to you within another 3 days. Following someone on the forum posting the CEO's email address I decided to write to him on the 18th October and this is the response I got:

"As Dr Speth is presently overseas, please allow me to acknowledge and thank you for his email on his behalf.
Dr Speth will read your note on his travels and be disappointed to hear of the delay you have faced waiting for your Jaguar I-Pace.
In Dr Speth's absence, please allow me to send a copy of your note to our customer team who will be able to access your order and give more background to the delay. They will be in touch with you shortly.
Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention."

Lindsay Browne
Business Manager to Chief Executive Officer
Jaguar Land Rover

Needless to say, all I have had is a promise to get back to me in 3 days and I'm still waiting for a response. It's now 17th November. It is a good product let down by incompetent management.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is coming from a USA customer perspective.
Vehicle was built on November 3; was expecting it to arrive at the dealer on December 21.
Now the timeline has been pushed back by at least two weeks at this point; arrival at dealer January 9.
It is still listed as 'Market Distribution" on the JLR dealer portal, meaning it is waiting for a ship.
I was originally told by the dealer that it should be one week from build date to leaving on a ship. He has no idea why the delay.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Joshuableu said:
This is coming from a USA customer perspective.
Vehicle was built on November 3; was expecting it to arrive at the dealer on December 21.
Now the timeline has been pushed back by at least two weeks at this point; arrival at dealer January 9.
It is still listed as 'Market Distribution" on the JLR dealer portal, meaning it is waiting for a ship.
I was originally told by the dealer that it should be one week from build date to leaving on a ship. He has no idea why the delay.
A big part of the problem is that the dealers have no idea what is happening except for what it says on their screen. When you contact Jaguar their first response is "ask your dealer" but they know nothing. The system needs to include more information and be accessible by customers themselves. That would reduce the number of irate customers contacting JLR to find out what is happening. I understand but have no experience, that Audi have a much better system.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wrote to Raydon Glover asking why my order in May is now not scheduled for delivery till February.(Nearly 9 months)
I did have a phone call saying they would look into the matter and report back.Still waiting.
I think as reported the Netherlands has taken priority,with deliveries as short as four months.
After the year end and the taxation system changes GB may get more cars quicker.
As said the order delivery system is a shambles and not good PR for JLR.

·
Registered
323 Posts
That sounds bonkers 993
I must have been so lucky to get mine shipped over already .
Build was confirmed on 19th September , but it took 4 weeks after that , I was chasing dealer and JLR CRC every day , if that made any difference ?
So frustrating , I feel for you ,
No one that I spoke to at Jag could explain the reasons for delay , which is disappointing , somebody at HQ or at Graz must have said 'put that car there until / because &#8230;&#8230; ' surely they could press a couple of keys on a tablet to post this decision on Vista ?
Makes you want to hire a car transporter for a trip to Austria !
Good luck to you all that are waiting

·
Registered
133 Posts
993ipace said:
Hi,

I have a HSE i-Pace order that was built on the 10th September yet has still not been put on a boat to the UK dealer (Sytner).

For several weeks now I've checked for an update and each week the anticipated date to the dealer (At Retailer and and Retailed in Vista 2 speak) is bumped forward in time by another week.

The dealer tells me this is due to software updates.

VISTA 2
On Ship (o) <--- Where the car is stuck (Arrived at port of exit).
Build Market Distribution 11/09/2018
Built 10/09/2018
Committed To Build 24/08/2018

While I've never ordered a new Jaguar before, I'm keen to hear if anyone else is experiencing this for an i-Pace order? It feels like a lengthy period of time to be sitting in supply limbo?

All the best.
Hi 993ipace,

I am sorry to learn of your concerns.

I would like to take the opportunity to investigate your concerns further. Please can you PM me your name, contact number, address and the approved retailer where your vehicle was purchased.

Once I have received this information, I will arrange for this to be investigated further.

Thanks,

Becci

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Becci,

Thanks for the offer. However, I'm unable to PM you as this isn't presently enabled for me - presumably I've not posted enough.

All the best.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Becci - info sent.

+ Thanks admins for adding msg permissions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
malcolm said:
No one that I spoke to at Jag could explain the reasons for delay , which is disappointing , somebody at HQ or at Graz must have said 'put that car there until / because &#8230;&#8230; ' surely they could press a couple of keys on a tablet to post this decision on Vista ?
Once the car is built and has a VIN then retailers and JLR generally know exactly why each car is held, they just choose not to tell you. How they believe this to be a good PR policy is beyond me.

Anyone in this position should contact their retailer / JLR and ask them to check your VIN on TOPIX and tell you what UPS has lead to the hold.
Alternatively, if you know the VIN you can register yourself on TOPIX and find out for yourself (there will be a fee) - or ask and possibly someone on here with full access to TOPIX will take pity on you and do a quick check.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@malcolm : The latest from the dealer is that there's a quality issue that needs to be addressed in some way but no specific detail is seemingly available. This week's expected date to them is 7th December.

It's clear the dealer can't do anything about it - and it's obviously not their fault. I'm sure they'd be delighted to receive it and stop me asking after it. Similarly JLR Customer Relations don't appear to be able to do anything that speeds anything up. Both have been all very pleasant about it but ultimately suggest that waiting is all that can be done and dates can't be guaranteed.

@dalaki : I don't have the VIN to go sleuthing myself - just some screenshots from Vista where the VIN doesn't show.

@BrendonSF : I don't know of any such website.

All-new vehicle launches must be hard work. But it's a challenge to accept waits like this when the car was built 2.5 months ago.

I'm a repeat purchaser of Land Rovers - FL2, D4 and DS have all been great. I live in the Midlands. Buying from one of our region's biggest employers feels like a good thing to do but I'd suggest there is room for improvement in both delivery process and the information that is accessible to customers.

Hopefully once I get an i-Pace, my first Jaguar experience will improve.

For now, the waiting continues...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thanks for the update 993 , so very frustrating for you and to only get some of the information .
Well done for having such a great mind set over it , rest assured the car is amazing and I am sure you will love it , when it arrives
Good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This week's update is that the estimated date expected at the dealer has now moved by another week: now at 14th December from last week's 7th.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Latest estimated date expected at the dealer now moved to 21st December.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Latest update...

Dealer called 18th December to say they'd received the car.
I chased handover time etc two days later when it was revealed they didn't have it. Topix shows the car as having been delivered to the dealer but they didn't actually receive it.

The noteworthy thing about this was the dealer also emailed me way back on the 23rd October to say they'd 'taken delivery' of the car but they hadn't then either - it was still in Graz. At the time, I put that down to some kind of mixup between vehicles and customers. For it to happen a second time though - that's tough to take well.

Remarkably, I'm now told nobody knows where the car is.

It's over 100 days since the car was built and it's effectively now 'lost' it seems.

On the plus side, the dealer lent me their demo over Christmas for 24-27th Dec which was a nice gesture. I'm sure they're as tired of this logistics / supply chain experience as I am.

Waiting for more info.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts