Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts
emgf said:
Yes it was because of a Consumer Report article . But my point is that Tesla solved
the issue over the week end by OTA ; they announced it and they did it 'which means
that they were in control ( although they made a mistake initially)
IIRC, Jaguar took 200 cars and beat them up on road race tracks, frozen lakes, desert sand, and public roads.

Do you think Tesla did any testing of the Model 3 before selling them? Remember that the original spring rate was correct for a laden pickup. Tooth damage, kidney belt stuff.
Before Tesla did anything about the brakes, there was a published story where one of the first owners went metal-on-metal in 4 laps at Laguna Seca IIRC. It would be many months before Consumer Reports found the brakes did not work right. IIRC, it was 10 months before CR found the brake problem.

Consumer Reports ended up pulling their recommendation for the Model 3 about eight weeks ago due to quality issues.

McRat said:
IIRC, Jaguar took 200 cars and beat them up on road race tracks, frozen lakes, desert sand, and public roads.
If only Jaguar would have done the same riggerous testing with the infotainment system and DC charging :-(

ghost said:
The WLTP range of 415-470km (depending on model, wheels, tires, etc) should be achievable if you drive the car approximately the same way and under the same condition that the WLTP cycle defines.

The problem is that we rarely do this.

The WLTP cycle is:
- Nice summer temperatures. 22 degree C or higher.
- No wind
- Mostly very moderate speed (just a few minutes of the 30 minute cycle are on the highway)
- No use of AC
- Driving to the car until it no longer will move (i.e. not only to when the instrument tells you there are 0% left)
- Not much elevation.
And very important - snail like acceleration in the WLTP test cycle, although quicker than the NEDC.
Max acceleration for the test 0 - 50km/30 mph takes 15 seconds. About the same as a 1950s Austin A30. Most cars do it in 5 - 10 seconds.
And no elevation change.

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Gegaal said:
To be fair, Tesla opening up their charger could be a possible solution at most, but you can't say it's a problem that Tesla doesn't.

The problem is, as Sikko says, the lack of 3-phase charging, the poor real life range compared to the communicated WLTP of 470KM and the absence (still) of 100KW charging (also promised 12 months ago). As far as the WLTP is concerned, very very careful high-way driving will not get you close to 75% of the communicated WLTP.

I am happy to accept the issues with SOTA and tons of other things as being normal issues with a new product and I am sure these will get better. However, I am not happy to with the gap I see for the core attributes of an EV: range and charging speed, the gap between reality and promised. What makes it worse, is the poor communication and follow-up on these topics by Jaguar.

I do not regret my choice for a Jaguar (there are positives as well although my back always hurt as I can't get the lumbar-support set correctly) but I would not choose one again nor do I advice a Jaguar to my friends/colleagues.

As we can't change the car's range much (I assume), the solutions have to come from a better charging plan. For example,
  • will 3-phase charging become available to MY19 cars,
  • will Jaguar actively contribute to improve the charging infrastructure,
  • will there be a better (usable!) integration between the Nav System and the available Charging Infrastructure (no idea why I only get to see 2 or 3 of the Fastned stations in NL and only 2 Ionity in germany but maybe that is my set-up).

Especially the latter is annoying and I envy my Tesla colleagues for this so if someone has a solution for that, please!

@Dan, I am happy to share my VIN etc with you if you want.
Good Morning Gengaal

Thank you for your post.

If you would like advice on the questions you have put forward in your post, then please may I kindly request send me your VIN number, and personal contact information via a PM and I will pass your details on to the relevant CRC for your country of residence.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

EddieSEmics said:
Range Rover Sport 2014. 386 - :

. 2
. . 7
. . 18
. 24
. 28
. . 33
. . 35
. . 37
. 42
. . 51
. . 57
. 62
. . 72
br / . 74
. 80

. . 86
. . 90
. 93
. . 98
. . 109
. 113
. 117
. 128
"/quot;. . 132
Eco-data. . 134
. 135
. . 140
. 142
. 146
. 149
Park Assist. . 155
ASL. . 162
. . 164
Terrain Response. . 177
br /HDC. . 180
. 185
. . 187
. 195
DAB. . 198
. ....201
. 210
. . 212
br / . . 216
. . 221
. 231
. . 255
. . 264
. 282
. . 295
. 307
TPMS. 315
. 323
. 330
. 335
. 336
. 338
. 353
. . 388
Clearly this means something to you :)

Billy Bunter said:
My opinion about Jaguar as a company and about CRC as a customer focussed support has changed from open-mind/neutral to one where I regard CRC as useless (at best), and the company as hopelessly out of touch with its customers and potential customers.
So I think their presence here is at best pointless, at worst it actually damages the brand reputation.
Fully agree on this.

291 is a bit low unless your normal drive is hard acceleration and you have Aircon, heated seats, rear screen on a lot.

How many actual miles do you get between charges

Jaguar CRC are pretty inept, they quoted the WLTP range which is achievable but failed to mention their own range estimation web page which has been available for 3 yrs and is accurate for everyday driving.
In practice you will do better by driving better, other brands do better some are lighter, some are more aerodynamic, other SUVs are less efficient than the IPace - ETron, EQC and Mod X, smaller cars more efficient Mod 3, Mod S and all the other non premium brand.

Park your IPace next to a Mod 3 it's not hard to imagine a that it makes a smaller hole in the air and is more efficient, if you like the style and quality go and buy one. I looked hard at what Tesla had and chose the Jag, because I did not like the style, quality or saloon body of the M3, 9months on it has exceeded expectations, the only irritation has been chargers that don't work, so I'm well pleased.

Musicman said:
My I-PACE is showing 201 mile range on a full charge. Should it not be more like 294 to start with and then reduce as you drive?
The GOM in your car is based on your actual driving style and therefore differs between people and the time of year you have been using your car.

Now the daily temperatures are going up again, at 100% SOC, my I-Pace is now showing 418 km of range, which is 261 miles. I happen to think that's pretty decent for a car with the weight, size and performance of the I-Pace.
I always drive with the AC on with the temp set at either 21 or 22 degrees C and almost always drive the car in ECO-mode, which is still pretty fast when you need it to be.
In the last few weeks I have done a couple of trip again with the car doing around 17-18 kW/100 km, but short trips still get around 25-30 kW/100 km, especially in the early morning or evening when outside temperatures have dropped to around 6 degrees again.

If your car is showing 200 miles at 100% SOC, it is because of the way you use your car in combination with the outside weather your are driving it in.
If you would have chosen a different EV with the same driving style, you actual range would have been much lower as well.

Musicman said:
My I-PACE is showing 201 mile range on a full charge. Should it not be more like 294 to start with and then reduce as you drive?
At this time of year 200 miles or so is expected at 100% charge but on short journeys in cold conditions your distance will be much less because energy is used to warm the battery up each time you travel, just like your ICE warms the engine up. In Summer with a 20 C temperature you should see 250 miles, because the battery does not use energy warming up you will have most available for driving.

Range/consumption is not bad on the I-Pace.
What's bad is slow and unpredictable DC-charging.
The e-tron have higher consumption, but is way better suited for long distance driving..

[quote=FENorway post_id=61547 time=1618143880 user_id=

Only achievable if you can find a 100kw charger, in which case you would probably save 30 mins en route charging on a 400 mile journey, assuming an Etron could drive 200 miles on each charge. In practice because of marginal differences either could come out best, because the IPace can manage 20+ miles further on a charge the ETron 55 could be slower over a given distance.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.