Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed one difference between the concept car and the partly disguised pre production car photographed on a trailer near Gaydon last week
The recharge flap on the concept is on the right side while the pre production car has it on the left. Back to the drawing board for my garage C/P :ugeek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicles/comments/6qtoi7/_/%5B
A reddit user had just reposted a few shots of the I-Pace charging,
Disclaimer: Posted by Micah Heard on TESLA Owners Worldwide FB group.
seems like the charging flap will be on the left,
not sure if it will be a market dependent thing,
the car shown here is left hand drive.
more pictures were uploaded to this forum's gallery section
Cloud Vehicle Sky Car Tire

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sparks, still not 100% convinced that it could not have one on each side, you can't see both sides at once :)
The blue panel on the second image looks like a repair.

It might be regional.

These are the things Jaguar can and should be releasing to the public, we can then start making preparations.
They should also tell us what charging networks they are compatible with.

I'm off for a Tesla test drive, not sure about waiting for the I-Pace. although I think its a better car in looks and probably finish.
The super charger network is the big draw in the Tesla.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The UK pre-production cars rolling out of Graz only have one charging point. Two would increase cost for Jaguar. The wrapping has come off the front wing and blue is visible around the grill. Looks like Caesium blue from the F Pace :)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

I have put down a deposit and will buy an I-Pace if it comes up to expectations. Regarding home charging points, it will have to be accepted on the list of cars approved by OLEV and you can't get the C/P grant until you own the car or it is due for imminent delivery, I think!
At the moment we have a Cayenne and a 718 Boxster. The Cayenne is too high for my wife and the 718 is too low! An I-Pace could replace both, with it's sporty performance and spacious interior

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I currently own a Nissan Leaf which uses the Japanese world-wide system for charging points, then BMW and VW came out with their own incompatible system. Which will Jaguar use? If I get the I-Pace I would want to keep the Leaf as well so it will be inconvenient to need a second installation!

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you are talking about homecharging and you are bases in Europe the plug in your Leaf are called Type 1 and the plug almost every other car uses are called Type 2. Type 2 is the European standard and even the new Nissan Leaf will come with that so it is safe to say that the I-Pace will have Type 2. Type 2 also aligns quite nicely with the CCS quick charging plug, no need to have to plugs and the space associated with that so I am pretty sure I-Pace will come with CCS quick charging plug. What I wish for is that it comes with Tesla Supercharger support, that would be awesome but I don't think it will happen :-(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts