Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its just occurred to me that I have not seen a safety rating for the i-pace anywhere. Did quick search and nothing. Finally I found a site that says it hasn't been tested as yet so I'm confused as I thought they'd have to be to sell and register them etc..? Imagine it will get 5-stars but....

G

·
Jag from the past only really got 1 car tested before launch .. the XF ... everything else got its rating after Launch.

Based on the E/F-Pace results I'm sure it will get a 5! I wouldn't worry!

The F-Pace forum got itself into a frenzy once and conspiracies kept appearing that there was a problem with the car and that's why the results were not posted ... turned out it was a cost issue, ended with a 5 star.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI Gdank, yes I expect it will be a 5 but I never realised it could be sold without it. What do insurance companies do in the meantime, charge more? And given the range results it opens them up to scare mongering until they do. Keep calm and keep waiting......

G

·
Oz-ipace said:
HI Gdank, yes I expect it will be a 5 but I never realised it could be sold without it. What do insurance companies do in the meantime, charge more? And given the range results it opens them up to scare mongering until they do. Keep calm and keep waiting......
No idea ... but my F-Pace was the same as my Kia Sorento before it and the same as my Kia Stinger now .... so I doubt very much insurance will be affected.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Disheartening news regarding emergency braking. Don't understand how it aligns with NCAP test, where it seems to work fine.

https://insideevs.com/jaguar-i-pace-ranks-dead-last-in-emergency-braking-test/

Apparently JLR enigeers on-site and retested, with same result. All because the car takes 10 minutes to understand its environment? Seems very strange, but explanation is conming from their own engineers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Raeth said:
Disheartening news regarding emergency braking. Don't understand how it aligns with NCAP test, where it seems to work fine.

Apparently JLR enigeers on-site and retested, with same result. All because the car takes 10 minutes to understand its environment? Seems very strange, but explanation is conming from their own engineers.
I mean I would trust the NCAP test over whatever weird shit this russian owned norwegian random website says. you know the NCAP tests are standarized at a minimum.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pseudonym said:
Raeth said:

I mean I would trust the NCAP test over whatever weird shit this russian owned norwegian random website says. you know the NCAP tests are standarized at a minimum.
I agree with you that standardized test should be more reliable. Howeve, dieselgate and current WLTP range debacle has shown that standard tests are not necessarily representative of real life scenarios. That makes unofficial and therefore more unpredictable (for manufacturers) tests like the Norwegian one (not sure if it's Russian, doesn't seem so) interesting to me. Especially since JLR engineers seem to recognize the cause of this test result.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If what the engineers said is true, then they should do/show us the test results with a car that has been driving more than 10 minutes. Otherwise this is all, but reassuring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts